Chapter 723

Matt's POV: After eating supper that night, I moved to clean up the bed for me and Gabby before putting it in the waste big. I then looked at Gabby as she played on her iPad. "We just going to use our devices for a while?" Gabby looked up at me and sighed. "That okay?" I nodded and smiled at her. "We've had a busy day and we've talked a lot. I get it if you want to take a break from talking and just want to sit next to each other for a while." Gabby smiled, happy I understood. She then went back to the game she was playing on her iPad.

Moving to grab my iPad from my side table, I went to get in bed against before leaning back against my pillow. I then moved to open my e-mail when Gabby stopped me. "No work." I turned to look at her and nodded. "Can I at least check my news e-mails?" Gabby looked at me and sighed. "Fine, but only them. Oh and the COVID task force. You guys need to figure out what's happening." I nodded and agreed before getting on my e-mail. My friend had written me back, saying they were going to talk about it at council and he'll keep me posted.

After quickly reading the e-mail, I moved to open the game I was recently addicted to before picking up right where I left off. It was a firefighting game. If I couldn't a firefighter in real life then this was going to be good enough. Gabby then looked at me and chuckled. "God, you are such a kid sometimes. I mean, that games is for kids isn't it?" I turned to look at her. "Oh shut up, this is as close as I'm getting to flames from now on so let me be." She nodded and smiled, kissing my arm softly as she rolled over in bed. 

She was currently reading a book. I saw iBooks open up on her iPad a few times now and that's the only thing she's been reading. "What book you reading?" She looked at me and smiled. "Obama's Presidential Memoir." I nodded and smiled. "Can you save it when you're done? I've been meaning to read that. But...I can't because of how busy I was as a firefighter. Now that we are on COVID break, I might read it." She smiled and agreed. 

"Here, I can actually share it with you if we get onto a family account. That way we can share all the purchases we make on our iPads." I nodded and smiled, giving her my iPad so that we could set it up. "This is just for purchases right?" Gabby nodded. "Yes." Going into my settings, Gabby then set up our family sharing for iBooks and other movies. This was going to make it a lot easier when Matteo was older. He could then watch shows on both of our iPads.

Once it was set up, I smiled as I opened iBooks to see that the book was there. "Perfect, now I can read it when I'm ready to. However, right now I want to watch my Blackhawks." Gabby chuckled and nodded. "If you want to watch it on the big TV, go ahead Matt. I'm not stopping you." I agreed and nodded before grabbing the TV remote. Setting my iPad down, I went and laid back to watch the game when I felt Gabby roll over in bed to get comfortable. "Tell me if you want to go to sleep okay? I can always finish it tomorrow."

Gabby nodded and agreed, smiling as she continued to read her book while I watched the hockey game.