Chapter 683

Matt's POV: After finishing the washroom and shutting off the light, I made my way to the bedroom to see Gabby sitting up in bed. She was obviously waiting for me because I promised that I would give her a massage. "You ready for that massage I promised you?" Gabby nodded as she looked up at me and then moved out of the way of me sitting down in bed. She obviously wanted me to sit down behind her against the pillows and I was not going to say no to that. Holding her in my arms was something I loved to do and it was my plan for tonight.

Once I was comfortable in bed and leaning back against some pillows, Gabby moved in between my legs and laid back against my chest. Moving my hands to her shoulders, I started giving her a massage when she laid her head back against my shoulder. "I assume that you like?" She nodded and chuckled as she just relax there. "I think you promised me that you were going to tell me about what you were thinking about when I came out of the washroom?"

"Yes, I am. Just getting started with some of these knots." I got one of her knots out of her shoulder and she just breathed a sigh of relief. "God, that feels great." I nodded before deciding to tell her what I was thinking about when she first came out. "Well, about what I was thinking about when you first came out here...I was wondering what Matteo would look like when he grew up. Right now, he's a great mixture of the two of us but...I am also concerned whether some of my unhealthy genes are going to pass down to him. Bad habits."

Gabby was confused. "What you talking about?" I sighed and kissed her head. "You see, in high school...I was not the fittest kid. I didn't have the entire package you are feeling under your back." Gabby nodded and then sat up to look at me. She then decided to lay down on my chest facing me instead. Wrapping my arm around her, I moved to rub her back and sighed. "When I was in high school I was not the skinniest of kids. It was only in college I got this fit."

Gabby nodded. "Was it to get girls?" I blushed and sighed. "It's how I got Hallie to date me. We went to the same high school and then the same college. She never noticed me until college." Gabby nodded and then laid her head down again. "I was bullied in High School because of my weight and it wasn't fun. That's why I got fit and then showed my bully that I was the better man because I ended up getting his girl." Gabby nodded. "Let me guess, Hallie?"

I nodded and smiled. "That's why I try and hold onto relationships when I get them. I always wonder whether it's my good looks that get me the girl or if it's my personality. If it's a good, healthy relationship...I prefer to keep it that way." Gabby nodded and then went to kiss me softly. "I love you for your personality and your loving heart. You've always been there for me as a friend, boyfriend and now husband...twice." I chuckled and nodded.

Gabby smiled at me. "And honestly, regardless of what you think...I love you for who you are. You are my loving, caring, goofy, smart, handsome, strong, firefighter husband and the best dad any kid could ask for. You are everything I could ever want for a father to my kids. You know how bad my dad is. I used to judge guys on how they'd be as a dad compared to him. But Matt, you are so much better than him....I feel unworthy of you."

I smiled at her and then nodded. "Not only are you worthy of me Gabs but, you are the only woman I would ever want to be the mother of our children. We are going to have more kids someday. I know it. But, maybe with a surrogate or something." Gabby smiled and then went to kiss me softly, wrapping her arms around my back as we held each other close. Laying her head down on my chest, I kissed it softly as we just laid there in silence, enjoying each other's company before eventually falling asleep in each other's arms.