Chapter 651

Matt's POV: As I called my sister to talk about Violet, I decided to put my feelings aside during this time. Once she picked up...I smiled a bit. "Hey Christie, what's up?" Christie sighed. "Listen, I get you don't want to talk to me but this is for Violet's sake." I got a little concerned. "Everything okay Christie?" Christie then went to ask me something. "I want to put you down as my next of kin and Violet's co-Guardian." 

I was shocked when she asked me that. "This about COVID?" I then got up and walked over to the kitchen, getting nervous. "Matt, I get you're mad at me...I get it. But, this is strictly for Violet. You know I work in places where I can easily get COVID. I'm currently stuck in New York on business for the foreseeable future because they won't pay for me to fly back to Illinois." 

I sighed when I heard that. "Is Violet with Jim right now?" I leaned against the counter and nodded. "Since I'm out of state and really don't trust Jim after what he did a couple years ago." Matt groaned when she brought that up. "God, he was a jackass." Christie chuckled when I said that. "Yes, he was. But, he's a great dad. Now, back to Violet. I told Jim he doesn't make any decisions about her health without me or you."

I nodded and agreed. "Sure thing. But, co-Guardianship?" Christie then sighed again. "In case of emergency with this whole COVID thing....I want you to stay in her life. She loves her uncle Matt." I smile, knowing it's true. "Okay, that's fine. I will gladly take it on. But stay safe okay? Especially in New York. Listen, I have to go. We're home now. What day are you supposed to have her?"

Christie sighed again. "Tonight but my plans are delayed. I was going to let Jim take her again but, I don't want to risk it after how he screwed me over. Said we'd switch weekends but we didn't." I sighed. "Sure, when does your time with her start?" Christie sighed. "Tonight." I nodded. "I'll go get her." Christie was happy. "Thanks, talk when I figure stuff out." I sighed and went to hang up. I then turned to look at Gabby. "What's happening?"