Chapter 743

Meanwhile at Antonio's

Sylvie's POV: God, this has to be a mistake...why am I here? I can run for it. At least until Antonio's mom is gone. I mean, how is she going to like the fact that her son-in-law's ex-girlfriend is pregnant with her son's children? She must know that I have a history with Matt. Somebody must've told her by now. I mean, even if she did like me...wouldn't it be awkward. Would it be awkward between just me, Matt, Antonio and Gabby? Sure, we've been on a double date before but, not a holiday. God, I am so worried right now but...

That's when I felt Antonio walk up behind me. Wrapping his strong arms around me, I felt his lips on my head. "You need to relax. I can tell you are tense from a mile away." I then sighed while turning to look at him. "Antonio, I'm meeting your mom for the first time. You know, the one who's son-in-law is also my ex-boyfriend or ex-fling...whatever." Antonio just looked at me and then moved to grab my neck, bending down to kiss me softly. "Sylvie, you're carrying our children...that's all that's going to matter to her. Her new grandchildren."

I then thought about it. Not only am I carrying one of her grandkids, but two. I mean, how am I going to be doing this? What if Antonio goes back to work right after I give birth. Will his daughter help me? "Sorry, I am just all worried. And not just about this. What about when I give birth Antonio? Will you take time off or will Eva be here to help me a bit with her half-siblings?" Antonio nodded. "I will talk to her about coming to stay here for a bit. I'm sure she'd love to help you take care of her siblings right after they are born."

I nodded when I thought about it when I heard the doorbell ring. Antonio then walked away from me to go get it, thinking it was his mother when he saw it was Eva. "Eva? I thought you were at your mom's today?" Eva just walked in and was annoyed. "Mom is being annoying. Saying that just because she has us right now I can't come see my grandmother. I told her I was going out with my friends. Can I just stay here instead?" 

Antonio looked at me and sighed. "Only if it's okay with Sylvie. She's the one that can't get sick." Eva then turned to look at me right away. "Right, I'm so sorry Sylvie. I forgot you're pregnant. That must be why we can't come here anymore." Antonio nodded and sighed. 

Antonio's POV: "Listen, go wash your hands and then help Sylvie with the food. She's struggling with some of our family recipes. I have to go call your mom to tell her that you are here. You can stay if you want." Eva nodded and smiled as I walked away to go call Laura.

Once I reached her, she answered right away. "Hi Antonio, what's up?" I sighed. "I just wanted to let you know that Eva is here. She wants to see my mom." Laura sighed over the phone. "I'm sorry Antonio, I told her she couldn't." I agreed and sighed. "Since she's here, think she can stay for a while? I know you like to keep the kids together but honestly, does it really matter? Not like they really spend time with us together. It's normally just one of them with us, the other in their room." Laura agreed with me.

"Fine, but I am not driving her stuff over. If she wants something she forgot here, she needs to come or talk to her brother about giving her a ride. That's my one condition. Oh, and tell her she's grounded for not telling me she was leaving. One week." I agreed with her. "Sure thing. She's going to stay with Sylvie." Laura agreed. "Have a good day." I then hung up and walked back over to my girls.

"Eva, you can stay." She was happy and went to hug me. I hugged her too before looking at her. "However, you're grounded for one week. Give me your laptop. You're limited to iPhone and iPad. You can only use your laptop for school work." Eva then looked at me. "What?" I looked at her. "You left your mom's house and took public transit to come here during a pandemic. Don't argue or else you aren't going to see your grandmother and I will personally drive you back to your mother's house. And instead of you seeing your grandmother, Diego will."

Eva sighed and went to open her bag, giving me her laptop. "I can use it for school right?" Sylvie then spoke up. "Monitored in the living room or the dinning room." I looked up at Sylvie and agreed. "Definitely. Now, go clean up Diego's room for me." Eva looked at me,. "What?" I smiled at her. "If you grandmother stays here tonight, she needs a room. I cleaned yours for her. So either go clean Diego's room or stay in there tonight." She just looked at me.

"Fine, I'll sleep in there. I am not touching his boxers. Ewh!" Eva then walked away to the living room. "Oh, and no iPhone while your grandmother, aunt, uncle and cousin are here!" Eva begrudgingly agreed before going to sit in the living room. I then turned to look at Sylvie. "You okay with all this?" Sylvie nodded and smiled while grabbing my neck. She then moved to kiss me softly. "I'm perfect fine with this because it gives me time to get to know Eva more." 

I smiled when she said that and was about to kiss her when I heard the door open again. "Knock, knock. Can I come in?" I turned to look at my mom and smiled. "Mom." I walked over and went to hug her. "How are you?" She smiled while hugging me. "Good, now where are your kids? I heard they aren't here but if I Know them, they came over." I smiled when she said that. "Eva is in the living room." After taking off her shoes, my mom walked away.

Gabby then looked at me while carrying Matteo. "Eva's here?" I nodded. "She got into a fight with her mom. She's staying here. Make sure she stays off her phone." Gabby nodded and smiled, setting Matteo down before hugging me. Matt then came in too and shook my hand. "How was the drive back from the firehouse?" I nodded and smiled. "Went good. Now listen, how about we let the women relax and you can help me in the kitchen?"

Matt was about to say yes when Gabby interrupted him. "And let him ruin some of our recipes? Not a chance. Matt, take Matteo to the living room and relax in there with my mom and Eva. I will help Antonio with the food." Matt nodded and then went to grab a cooler. "Can I put these bottles of milk in the fridge or do I have to keep them in the cooler?"

I went to grab them and then smiled. "Here, let me put them in the fridge for you. Now, go relax. You've had a long morning. Between him, and then the Veteran's Day Ceremonies...it's been busy." Matt nodded and agreed. "Gabby, I'll let your mom hold Matteo okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Sure thing." Matt then moved to grab Matteo out of the car seat and picked him up along with the diaper bag. "C'mon buddy, let's go see your abuela."

Gabby then smiled when he said that. "You learned grandma in spanish?" He nodded and smiled. "Well, that's what Matteo is going to call her. Now, I am going to sit down. I've been standing all morning." Gabby agreed. "I'll be in soon. I just need to help a bit. Antonio knows that I make the stuffing best." I couldn't disagree with her and chuckled. "Get to work then." Gabby then nodded as she went to the kitchen to get to work while I followed her closely behind. Meanwhile, Matt went to the living room to let my mom spend time with Matteo.