Chapter 688

Matt's POV: After taking a quick breather at the firehouse, I decided to continue my run. I left before Antonio could talk to me because I didn't want to take too long. I still had to stop at the local Target. Walking up to the doors, I smiled while grabbing some water and then walking in. Putting some hand sanitizer on and washing up, I grabbed a cart before taking my phone out and going to check the list when I remembered to call Gabby.

Calling her number, I decided to go right to the diapers since I knew that was something I could get. Since it was early, the Target wasn't that busy but it still had some people. Gabby picked up shortly after I called. "Hey." I smiled when I heard her voice just like I always did. "Just wanted to let you know I just got to Target." I made my way down the aisle to the diapers and went to put them into the cart. "Good, how long do you think you'll need?"

I thought about it. "Probably 30 minutes at the most. It takes about 30 to get here with getting Matteo in the car and everything, so you might want to come. But don't call your brother on the way." Gabby was confused. "Why?" I sighed. "I stopped by the firehouse since it was on my route. Sylvie was finishing a shift even thought she knew she wasn't supposed to be working since she's pregnant." Gabby gulped. "You called him I bet?"

"Damn straight I did. I would want someone to do the same if you were pregnant and wasn't supposed to be working in the pandemic. She's pregnant baby." Gabby agreed. "Okay, I'll text him and remind him to calm down. But, I'm on my way okay? Just take your time. I'll stay in the car and park in one of those new mom parking spots." I nodded and agreed. "Sure thing. I'll make sure to make some bags that you can carry." Gabby chuckled. "Thanks. Love you."

I smiled when she said that. "I love you too. See you soon." I then hung up and went to do the shopping we needed while also being careful around people.