Pancake Breakfast

Gabby's POV: As I came back from putting Matteo down for a nap, I walked over while struggling to put my hair up. I had decided to get changed into my sweats after getting home because I needed something to calm me down. This news is really stressing me out and we need to figure stuff out. I just hope it doesn't start an argument. Once I was in the kitchen, Matt saw me struggling and walked over to help. "Here, let me get that for you."

I nodded and then let him put my hair up. Grabbing the hair clip and pins, he did my hair for me. I was surprised he remembered how considering he hasn't done it in a while. "Surprised you still remember how to put my hair up?" Matt chuckled. "Violet started to like wearing it like you did. Once you left, she always asked me to do it for her whenever she was in town." I smiled when he said that before turning around. "Was it hard for you to do it?"

Matt nodded and sighed as he stepped close to me. Putting his hand on my arm, he rubbed it as he looked at me. "It was fun doing her hair so that made me smile. But, at the same time...it made me really miss the woman I love. After all we went through...my love for you never went away. It's actually why I didn't really look at the ambulance or even touch it while you were gone." I looked at him, nodding. "Too many sexy memories in there."

I chuckled and smiled before wrapping my arms around him. "And many sexy memories yet to be made in the back of the ambulance. I just hope it doesn't make Shay vomit in heaven." Matt chuckled and smiled. "You know she would be so happy for us right? She was so happy when I told her I was going to propose. And she knew you wanted to be a mom so bad. For you to have it all. The man you love and the child of your dreams....it's everything."

I smiled and nodded before laying my head down on his chest. We took a moment for ourselves before pulling away. "Listen, let's eat before it gets cold. Then I need to take a moment to relax in bed. I put Matteo in his nursery okay? That way we can talk in bed." Matt nodded again and agreed. "You didn't sleep much last night. Honestly, I am surprised you didn't fall asleep on the way home this morning." I nodded. "Can we just eat so I can sleep?"

Matt nodded and agreed before going to move the pancakes from their take out packages to some of our plates. Meanwhile, I went to sit down at the bar so that we could just eat there quickly. While I was excited to have some pancakes, I was more excited to get in bed. I am literally operating on no sleep. I need it now.