Chapter 767

Gabby's POV: After making our way to the local park (Adams Park), I smiled because it was a nice play for kids to play. However, the sight around it was not the best. In fact, it was depressing. The park was literally across the street from Gaffney Medical Center. I tried to look away but couldn't because Ambulance 51 was literally driving past us on the way back. I knew that meant that either they had just dropped off a COVID patient who was more than likely to die or it was somebody who could catch COVID if the staff weren't careful. 

That's when they noticed us on the sidewalk. Slowing down next to us on the sidewalk, I smiled when I saw it was Stella and Foster. I was kinda shocked when I saw Stella. "Stella, what are you doing in Ambo?" Matt then turned to look at me when he saw our friends. "Decided to transfer so that we don't have to have a rotation of temps. Plus, Engine 51 is not getting as many calls as Ambo 51. I think there's even talk about shortening our shifts so that we don't get too tired."

I nodded and was shocked. "Wow, that's a big change." Matt then looked at her and smiled. "Hey, sorry about you and Severide. I heard he ended things so that he could try things with Jennifer." Stella nodded. "More like I ended things. I couldn't deal with kid drama. Don't let him tell you that he ended it. It was too much drama for me. Reminded me of what it was like when I was with Grant. I really didn't need it again, especially now because I am already going to have mental health problems. Haven't seen my parents in months." I nodded and sighed.

"I feel bad for you Stella. I'm just lucky that me and Antonio have decided to still see each other. I mean, Sylvie is pregnant so we don't see each other as much but...we still see each other more than we probably would have if we didn't agree to be in each other's social circles. It also helps that most of our social circles have people in common. We also see Jay and Erin sometimes." Stella nodded and smiled. "Didn't they just get married because they are having a kid?" I nodded and smiled. "November 1st at the Courthouse."

Matt chuckled before going to check on Matteo. He then rocked him a bit so he wouldn't get fussy. Stella then noticed that we might need to get going so that Matteo wouldn't start crying. "You guys should probably get going if you don't want him to start crying. Plus, who knows when we might need to go fo..." That's when we all heard the radio. "Ambo 51, we have a COVID situation at 986 West Roosevelt." However, hearing that just made me nervous. That was Laura's address. I knew it by heart because I always used to drive by there on some runs for ODs.

I then looked at Stella. "Stella, please pay extra attention to that patient. He's part of 51's extended family." She and Matt then both noticed that I was getting worried. I then turned to look at Matt. "That's Laura's address." Matt then stared at me and then held me close." He then looked at Stella. "Stella, step on it and you call us when you get information. I am going to call Antonio to tell him okay?" I then shook my head. "Let me, just stay here."

Matt nodded and agreed before watching Stella and Foster drive away. I then went and grabbed my phone, sighing. Time to call Antonio and tell him that somebody in his family has COVID.