Chapter 651

Matt's POV: After spending the last 30 minutes playing war, I was now teaching Gabby how to play poker. And let's just say we are not off to a good start. I could tell she was lost. I smiled at her. "Okay, be honest with me...you're lost." Gabby nodded and sighed. "Listen, I get you like poker but this is not the game for me." I went to grab her hand and nodded. "That's fine."

She smiled when I said that before going to give me her cards back. "Want to play crazy eights?" I nodded and smiled. "2s are pick ups and queens are skip a turn?" Gabby nodded and then waited for me to give her the cards. Dealing them out, I smiled until I saw my hand. It was shit. But, it made me feel better when the first card was a 2. 

Unfortunately, Gabby didn't notice and I had to point it out before she played. "Uhm, pick up 2." Gabby stared at me. "Seriously? C'mon..." I just gave her a glare. "Hey, it's the rules." She nodded and went to pick up two. "Here, rule maker." She put down another 2. I smiled and chuckled before putting down two queens and a 2. 

She was not happy when I did that. Picking up 2 cards, she groaned since she had nothing. It didn't take long for that game to get boring because literally within 2 minutes, I already won. "Sorry Gabs. Want to play another round?" She shook her head. "I'm a soar looser." I chuckled and nodded when I got a text from my sister.

"Can we talk? I need to talk to you about COVID?" I sighed and looked at Gabby. "My sister needs to talk to me about COVID." Gabby sighed and looked at me. "Only if it's about your niece Violet." I nodded and then went to grab my phone to text her back. "Is it about Violet?" She texted back right away. "Yes." I sighed and nodded to Gabby before calling her.