Chapter 783

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby finished eating breakfast, I went to wash the dishes since there weren't that many. I thought it would just be easier than having to load the dishwasher and wait a few days until it was full to run it. Then, it would stink up the entire place. And honestly, it's not like it takes time...we are just 2 people. Once I was done, I went to dry my hands when I saw Gabby sitting at the table using the laptop she brought out. I then walked over to her and smiled. "Decided to get your laptop instead of just your iPad?"

Gabby turned to look at me and nodded. "I think I might just leave it here at the table we have. We have spare room since it's only the two of us where we can put it. Plus, if I want to e-mail people then I can type on here. Honestly, I hate typing longer e-mails on my iPad or phone. It's harder because the keyboard isn't as wide." I nodded and agreed before looking at her. "You want me to show you the place I was thinking or you in the middle of something?" 

Gabby shook her head. "Show me the place." I nodded and then moved to grab her laptop and went to find the place. It was a cabin near Galena. It was a really nice cabin and had a hot tub. However, Gabby was not too sure about how long the drive was. "Matt, you do realize how long the drive is from here to there? It's like 3 hours. With a baby, that's about 4-4.5 hours." I turned to look at her. "Have anything better to do for all that time during COVID?" Gabby chuckled and shook her head before smiling. "You have a point."

I smiled at her before going to grab her hand. "I mean, doesn't it look amazing? It has a hot tub and is just something that will be very relaxing. Who knows? Maybe if you like it, it can become a romantic retreat for us where we go for our anniversary or just when we need to get away." Gabby smiled when I said that before intertwining our fingers. She then went to look at the place and smiled at me. "What do you say maybe we check it out before New Year's Eve." I looked at her and smiled at the idea.

"When were you thinking?" Gabby thought about it and then looked at the available dates. "Apparently, it's available thanksgiving weekend. So...in two weeks. Maybe we can talk to Antonio, Sylvie. Maybe even Jay and Erin. Go up there. The three couples. Have a romantic getaway and celebrate thanksgiving?" I looked at her and smiled. "That actually sounds really nice. However, can it just be us this year? I mean, with COVID and it being Matteo's first...I thought maybe we could just have it be the three of us this year. Unless you're against that?"

Gabby looked at me and smiled. "No, you're right. Plus, you are thinking about this being a romantic place for us. It wouldn't be that romantic if it's the two of us, Matteo and then two other couples." I smiled and nodded before intertwining our fingers again. "I am glad you agree. Listen, just this year okay? Maybe next year we can do that." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Let's just hope they have a comfortable bed." Gabby then got up and went to grab some water. "You thinking about you know...having some fun while we're up there?" Gabby smirked as she turned to look at me. "Well, it is supposed to be a romantic getaway."

I looked at her and smiled. "Well then, I am booking it right now. You've teased me with that. There is no way you are backing out now." Gabby chuckled and nodded. "Who said anything about me backing out?" I smiled as I got up and then walked to the bedroom. Gabby looked at me confused. "Where you going?" Turning around to look at her while I walked backwards, I smiled. "I need my wallet if I want to book i..." That's when I ran into the baby bed.

Falling onto my back, I then hit my head on the side table next to the couch and end up out cold on the ground. "Matt!"

Gabby's POV: After watching Matt fall to the ground, I ran over to him to check on him. Thank god I had my phone in my pocket. Trying to get him to wake up, I saw he was out cold. I then went to grab my phone and called 911. "911, what's your emergency?" I then started to speak like a paramedic. "This is paramedic Gabriella Dawson-Casey from Firehouse 51. My husband, Capt. Matthew Casey just ran into the side table. He is now on his back on the ground, out cold."

The 911 operator then responded. "Okay Gabriella, can you do a quick assessment while we dispatch your ambulance?" I agreed and then went ahead to do what I was trained to do. I grabbed my phone and checked his eyes. "Pupils responsive. Might need a neck brace just in case." 911 agreed and then updated me on the status of Ambulance 51. "Ambo has been dispatched. Do they know what to do?" I nodded. "Yes. I will unlock the door for them." I then got up and moved to open the door for them. "Am I allowed to go with my husband? I know it's COVID but..."

The 911 operator then agreed. "You can do. However, you need to wear a mask. Only you though." I then thought about Matteo. "What about my 10 week old son?" The 911 operator agreed again. "Yes, of course. Just make sure you are ready to go." That's when I heard our paramedics. "Gabby, let us in so we can help Matt."

I nodded and then went to let Gianna in. "Sorry guys, just please help Matt." They nodded and agreed. "Of course." I then let them get to work. "I am coming with you guys. He is going to be confused. I can't let him be there alone." They nodded and agreed. "You driving there?" I saw them strap Matt up onto the backboard. "Yes. Just say trauma to the head. Coffee table." They both agreed. Gianna then added. "I will tell them you are coming." 

I then asked them to get Will on the case. "Get Dr. Halstead on the case. He's good." Gianna nodded and agreed once Matt was on the backboard. "See you there. Be safe." I nodded and agreed, watching as Matt was wheeled away. So much for our weekend getaway. However, all that mattered at the end of the day was that Matt was okay.