Chapter 779 (November 13, 2020)

Gabby's POV: I woke up early the next morning to find Matt still fast asleep in bed. However, he was holding me in my arms. I loved the feeling of his strong grasp on me however, I needed to go to the washroom. I then decided to roll over and do what I promised to do from now on if I ever needed to get out of bed. Instead of hitting him in his ribs, I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him softly. Waking up right away, Matt smiled as he kissed me. "Now that's a good way to start my morning." He then tried to kiss me again when I got up.

Matt then looked at me. "Hey! Where you going?" I looked at him and smiled. "I have to go to the washroom. Just be lucky that I didn't elbow you in the ribs like I did when I was frustrated." Matt chuckled when I said that. "God, that hurt when you did it. So, on behalf of my ribs...thank you." I then smiled at him before grabbing my phone and walking away to the washroom. Closing the door behind me, I sighed when I went to sit down. I then opened my phone because I wanted to text Brett. I know she and Antonio had that fight, wanted an update.

'Hey Sylvie. How are things between you and Antonio now?' Pretty much answering right away, I assumed that she was either up because Antonio had to go to work, or the baby. 'Things are better. We talked and agreed not to do double surname. So, just Dawson instead' I smiled when she said that. 'Glad you got over that. Now, did you talk to him about marriage again?' After sending that, I finished going to the washroom and flushed the toilet.

Getting up and putting my jogging pants back up, Sylvie replied again. 'He says that...because you are catholic, he can't get re-married unless it was to Laura.' I then sighed and went to text my brother. 'Seriously, you told Sylvie that you can't get re-married unless it was to Laura?' I then texted Sylvie back. 'Did you mention a civil ceremony? I know you aren't religious.'

Washing my hands before walking back out, I continued to look at my phone and didn't notice Matt coming out of the bedroom. I then ran into him and he caught me. "Hey, sorry. I didn't see you coming back in." I looked up at him and sighed. "It's okay, I was texting someone." Matt looked at me and raised his eyebrow. He already knew who it was. "Sylvie?" I nodded and sighed. "Am I really that predictable?" He just didn't say anything. Instead he kissed my forehead before hugging me. "I am making you some eggs and toast for breakfast. Want bacon?"

I then looked at him. "Matt, I'm not that...." He just looked at me. "It's either that or you have to snack more. Gabby, we never go to bed that early. You obviously didn't eat enough yesterday. Now, is something bothering you that I should know about?" I nodded again and sighed. "The pandemic is always on my mind. And of course, the health and safety of our friends. I am not sure if I can really do a funeral right now." I then walked over to the couch and sighed while sitting down. "I mean, what if one of our friends gets COVID? It's already in my family."

Matt nodded and moved to sit next to me. Putt his arm around my back, he then grabbed my hand and smiled at me. "I've been in constant contact with the firehouse. I told Severide to let me know if anybody gets it. They aren't just our co-workers...they're our family too." I nodded and agreed, sighing before leaning against him. He then kissed my forehead before whispering. "And don't think I don't understand what it's like to have COVID in your family. I just learned last night that Christie has COVID." I sat up and looked at him. "And you are just telling me now?"

Matt looked at me. "Gabby, you don't have the best relationship with my sister. I didn't know if you would...." I interrupted him. "Cared? Matt, regardless of my feelings towards Christie...she is and always will be Matteo's aunt. She is also Violet's mom. I love Violet and regardless of how I feel about Christie, I wouldn't wish it upon anybody to loose a parent. Violet already has parents who are divorced. It might be even harder to loose one of your parents. I mean, wasn't it hard when your dad died?" Matt nodded and agreed. "Oh, it was horrible. I would never wish that upon any child." I agreed and smiled at him. "Me neither. Yet, I got pregnant..."

Matt just looked at me and grabbed my hand. "Gabby, let's not go there okay? You are here, safe and alive. Matteo is safe and we are here as a family. Gabby, for your mental health...you can't go there. Also, for my mental health...we can't go there. Raising Matteo right now is already hard enough because of COVID. I don't want to even think about doing it without you because that is my worst nightmare. We are a team. You are my wife and the love of my life. So, please relax."

I nodded and smiled at Matt before moving to kiss him softly. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Matt smiled. "Every day. Now listen, I am going to make us some breakfast. How about you text Christie and send her your best wishes. I think she's just in self isolation. As far as I've heard, she isn't in hospital right now. However, Violet is with her dad." I nodded and agreed. "Okay, just go make breakfast before I get grumpy." Matt chuckled and nodded as he got up and walked over to the kitchen.

I then decided to grab my phone again and sent Christie a text. 'Just heard the news from Matt. Hope you beat this Christie. Regardless of our past, we are family! My prayers are with you!' I then hit send and sighed as I leaned back against the couch. Christie then wrote back pretty quickly. 'Thanks Gabby. Are you guys staying safe?' I nodded and smiled, deciding to text her for a bit while Matt was making breakfast. 'Yes, we are on a leave of absence from work. Since we're both paramedics...we can't really work during a pandemic when we have a baby.'

Christie then texted me back again. 'Think maybe you guys can send me an update picture of Matteo? I have your last one from FaceBook. I know, it's a big ask but...can you?' I thought about it and then turned to look at Matt in the kitchen. "Babe?" Matt then turned to look at me while making breakfast. "What's up?" I looked at him. "Christie asked for an updated pic of Matteo. What do you want me to do? I mean, she is his aunt."

Matt then looked at me and took a moment to think about it.