60. Caught in a Lie

It was after the wedding when Jungkook came back to Jimin's old home and older excused himself with some work before he could join the younger.

Jungkook was unpacking right now. He felt a little uncomfortable staying in this house, considering the last time he came here he ended up in hospital after he saw Taehyung with Jimin. The only memory of it shook him. "I can't live here. May be I will ask Jimin once he comes back to go to his other house."

Jungkook started to pack up the things again which he unpacked, when his eyes found an envelop in his bag. "What is this?" He thought as he curiously looked at it.

He started to open it as it came out of his own bag, but he stopped all of a sudden. "Is it the same envelop Hoseok hyung gave Jimin? Why didn't Jimin open it yet?" Jungkook spoke to himself and continued to open it.

His eyes found red hue and anger filled his veins as he read through it.
Kim Taehyung With Kim Seokjin invite you to our holy ceremony of their marriage on 30 July.

Jungkook put the wedding invitation card aside. "Why? Why is Taehyung still communicating with Jimin? Is Jimin in touch with him? No, he can't be. He can't lie to me. He can't. He would not. Would he? He promised me. He promised he would cut off all ties with Taehyung. Why did he send this to Jimin?"

Jungkook's eyes teared up as he thought about it and forgot that it was Hoseok who gave the card to Jimin.

Hoseok was Taehyung's friend and Hoseok never knew about Jimin and Taehyung's past ties except that they met in Korea for work. Taehyung must intentionally have given the envelop to Hoseok to give to Jimin, not wanting to contact Jimin directly.

Jungkook still could not streamline his thoughts when a piece of paper fell from inside the card. Jungkook picked it up and read. It was a hand written letter.

Dear Jimin,

I hope you are happy with Jungkook now. I regret the things how they ended between us and I know Jungkook must not want to see me again, but I am sharing my big news with you. Of course I cannot expect you to come to my wedding. If you were, I'd be amazed to say the least. 

The day I lost myself to you was greatest day of my life. I am sure I still feel the same way about you but I guess I have also moved on from you. It hurts but I have your memories. Am I wrong to write this letter? Even so, I could not say this when we said our last good bye, when you embraced me one last time.

By now, Jungkook's tears started to flow as he hitched his breathe and muffling sobs left his mouth. 

You always asked me to say these words to you but I never did. I guess I wanted to save them for the end. I wanted to say them and then be yours forever, but I never could be yours. I will try in next lifetime to be your soulmate. 

Park Jimin, I am saying now. I love you. I love you Park Jimin. And with that, I am freeing you. 

Yours 
Baby Boy.

"Jimin wanted Taehyung? He wanted Taehyung to say I love you to him? I cannot believe it. Taehyung is lying. I doubt it. I know Jimin loves me and only me. Doesn't he?" Jungkook spoke as he stood up with the envelop and letter in his hand. 

He started to brisk walk in the dark living room. His mind could not think anything and his throat tightened. "No, he only loves me. Why? WHY JIMIN? Why did you ask him for confession for love which you claimed never was there. You said you did not love him. Y-you said you only loved me. Y-you s-said... You said I was the only one." Jungkook fell on his knees and cried covering his face in palms.