62. Twenty One

It had been 24 hours since Jungkook arrived in Korea and tomorrow was his birthday. Jimin had planned a big surprise for the occasion in Switzerland but it was now all gone astray.

"It's your second birthday since you came into my life and first birthday since we started our relationship. I guess the relationship is not anymore. I lost you too soon." Jimin spoke to himself in a dark room, completely unaware what Jungkook was doing right now.

Memories flooding his mind like an avalanche. It was 11 in night for him when his phone buzzed.

Hello..

Hello Sir, I am calling form Tiffany's. I am here with your customized rings delivery.

I will be right out.

Jimin disconnected the call and with heavy steps, he walked out of the house to receive the delivery.

"Thank you." He told the man who brought the rings.

"You are welcome Sir! Good luck with proposal." The man replied after taking Jimin's signature on the delivery receipt.

"Proposal!" Jimin repeated the words as if he had forgotten what rings were subjected for in the first place.

He came back inside and took out the sparkling rings from turquoise case. He first looked at the engraved letters on Jungkook's ring on the rear surface.
You make us..
He then took out his own ring to read what was written.
Family we never had..

He held the rings close and cried before he abruptly stopped and wiped his tears. "I can't let you go so easily." He sighed and peered at his wrist watch. "My Jungkook. Punish me all you can but don't leave. I am coming to you."

Jimin immediately called his driver and left the house with his already packed luggage which Ramon prepared earlier.

**

Jungkook returned home and found Riri and Yoongi still in the house. They were worried sick and did not go to work.

"Where have you been Jungkook?" Riri asked.

"I had to meet someone." Jungkook replied briefly, not telling them that he might have ruined someone's marriage.

"Well, did you eat something?" Riri asked.

"I am not hungry Noona. I just need sleep. Please let me sleep and not wake me up. I will eat later if I am hungry." The boy assured and got inside his room again.

"Should we call Jimin?" Riri asked worriedly.

"I don't think we should meddle. If Jimin wanted, he could have called us. Let's give him some time. He will come around." Yoongi told Riri who understood.

Jungkook sat on his bed and opened his notifications on phone as he sighed. A tear jerked out of his eye to see the texts and hold his phone with shivering hands.