Befrending Todoroki Finally

Todoroki needed my help more than ever. I'll push my problems away for now and focus on helping Todorki. I went back to watch Todoroki's match.

Fighting next was Todoroki and Sero. Sero immediately wrapped tape around Todoroki to get him out of bounds. Todoroki then pulled off a last minute ice attack which froze Sero and parts of the stadium. The ice was inches away from my face.

I did not flinch however. 'Yup. He's definitely mad.' I thought. Everyone was shocked, including the pro heroes. The heroes started saying nice try to Sero, who couldn't move at all.

Todoroki apologized and took a moment to melt the ice that he created. I could see that he was sad. It pained my heart to see him sad. I really wanted to help him, but he was pushing everyone away. 

Next battle was between me and Kaminari. I was definitely angry at him for tricking us. "L-Look...It was a joke! Honest!" Kaminari said. "Does it look like I like your jokes?" I asked. "M-Maybe...?" Kaminari questioned. I took off the sheath from my dagger, and blue flames covered my body.

 I took off the sheath from my dagger, and blue flames covered my body

"You're dead..." I warned him.

"N-No...please...stay back!" Kaminari used his electrical attack to knock me out, and I shot out my blue flames to block Kaminari's attack. 

It worked, and a few seconds later, he turned into a complete idiot. "Well, that was fast..." I muttered.

I was declared the winner and I headed back to the stands. My next match was against Iida.

Mina won against Ayoama, Tokoyami won against Yaoyorozu, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu's fight ended in a draw, but then they ended up arm wrestling and Kirishima won.

During that time, I decided to go wish Uraraka good luck. Uraraka was obviously nervous about the fight against Bakugo. Who couldn't blame her? Bakugo was known to be aggressive.

The match between Uraraka and Bakugo started. Uraraka took the initiative and charged at Bakugou to touch him.

Bakugo then used an explosion to blow her back away. Bakugo started to create explosions while Uraraka was running towards him to try and touch him.

It was obvious it wasn't a fair fight. But then I noticed debris in the air. She used her quirk to make them fall.

While Bakugo was distracted on the falling debes, she went in closer to touch him. However, Bakugo used an explosion which sent Uraraka and the debris away.

Uraraka attempted to fight again, but found no strength and fell to the ground. Bakugo was the winner.

I was going to see how Uraraka was doing. She really wanted to win. When Deku and I entered her waiting room, she was acting completely fine. But I knew that face all too well.

She was hiding her sadness. Once she thought we'd left, Heard Uraraka's sobs. I clenched my fists. Just then I saw Todoroki in the corner of my eye. He attempted to walk away, but I grabbed his wrist, not letting go.

"You can't run away from me Todoroki." I said. "Let's talk." I was dragging him to an empty hallway. "What do you want to talk about?" He asked. There was still coldness in his voice. Took a deep breath. "I heard what your father said to you before your match against Sero." I admitted.

There was a mixture of shock and anger coming from his face. "I know how terrible your father is now...but...why didn't you tell me sooner?! I could've helped!" I yelled. "It's because...I didn't want you to get involved in my problems." He said, with a hint of sadness coming from his eyes.

"Have you ever heard of...Quirk Marriages? They became a problem in the first few generations after superpowers became widespread. There were those who sought out potential mates solely with the intention of creating powerful children. Many people were forced into relationships. They were simply viewed as old-fashioned arranged marriages. But, clearly, it was unethical. My father has not only a rich history of accomplishments, but plenty of money to throw at his problems. He bought my mother's relatives to get his hands on her Quirk. And now he's raising me to usurp All Might." Todoroki finally told me.

 I was shocked to hear this. "I refuse to be a tool for that scumbag!" Todoroki said.

Without hesitating, I hugged him tightly. I felt his body stiffen. "Please don't forget. If you ever want to talk about your problems, I'm here for you." I reminded him. "I know... I'm sorry..." Todoroki said, finally hugging me back.

We stood like that for a couple of seconds in the moment of silence, until we heard Present Mic tell us that the matches were starting again. "Good luck." I told him, releasing him from the hug.

"Wait, Akia! Please be my friend!" I heard him say. "Yes! Yes, I will be your friend!" I smiled genuinely at him. Todoroki was surprised to see me smile. I didn't blame him though. These past few weeks, Todoroki and the others had never seen me smile. 

Maybe I should start opening myself up to others again...