Izumo's Past

"Shiemi! Akia! This is my cell number. If anything happens, call me." Paku told us.

"Thank you!" I said. "Thanks! Okay, I'm going!" Shiemi said. "You two have to rescue Izumo." Paku told us. "Shiemi! Akia! The train's coming! Hurry!" Yukio told us.

"Right!" I said. "Oh! Okay!" Shiemi said. "I know we'll save her! Just wait for us!" Shiemi said. I nodded in agreement, and we boarded the train.

"Where are we going?" I asked Yukio. "Near Inari Shrine in Shimane Prefecture. That's where they are. We're going to Haneda Airport to catch a plane." Yukio told us. "A plane?!" I asked. "We've never been on one!" Rin said. 

"M-Me neither..." Shiemi said. "I...I'm a little scared to fly... Can't we use a magic key?" Rin asked, nervous about flying. "Keys can't handle this many people. Like when we went to Kyoto..." Yukio explained. "How did you know they're in Shimane?" I asked.

"I summoned a doll and planted it on Izumo Kamiki. I can locate the objects I summon. They're like transmitters." Takara told us. 'When did he do that?' I thought to myself. "Kamiki and Paku are from Inari in Shimane Prefecture." Yukio told us. 

"Oh, really?" I asked. "So they kidnapped her and took her back to where she came from? I wonder why?" Shiemi asked.

A few more hours in and we boarded the plane headed to Shimane Prefecture. I sat in an aisle seat. "Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for departure. Please make sure your seat belts are fastened." The person who was speaking through the microphone told us.

The minute it took off, Rin held onto Yukio, panicking. "G...Gaaah! We're flying! Hey! We're flying, Yukio!" Rin was clutching on Yukio's arm. "Rin, calm down." Yukio told Rin. "Hey, Everyone! I made box lunches! Want one?" Shiemi asked. 

"Shiemi, wait until the plane levels out..." Yukio told her. When the plane finally did level out, and the seatbelt sign stopped glowing, Shiemi passed out the lunch that she made.

"It's an hour and a half to Shimane. So I'll fill you in on the situation." Yukio told us, and started explaining away. "Last night, Seraphim from the Illuminati conducted suicide bombings... one the headquarters of the Knights of the True Cross and branches and field offices." He explained. 

"Is that why I haven't been able to contact anyone in Myoda?" Konekomaru asked. 

"The Kyoto office is probably in chaos because of the attacks. The extent of the damage is still unclear... But we do know the Grigori were injured too. The Japan Branch is busy repairing the ruptured barriers, exterminating the demons and dealing with the mass media." Yukio told us.

"It's on the web "Are The Mysterious Explosions The Work of Terrorists?!"." Konekomaru said. "Well, that's not totally incorrect..." Yukio said. "What exactly is the Illuminati?" Mavis asked.  

"The Illuminati is a secret society founded over 200 years ago. In modern times, they passed out of existence. But many still claim to be Illuminati. The order monitors societies and occultists around the world... But in the last dozen years or so, the Illuminati's name has come up in connection with incidents involving demons. It's hard to believe it's such a massive terror organization the order has been investigating. That's about all I know." Yukio said. 

"A terrorist group..." I said to myself.

"Shima..." Konekomaru said. "...Joined a group like that?" Ryuji asked, taking a bite out of his sandwich, and clenched his fists. "Some leader I am!" He yelled. "I didn't understand a thing about him!" Konekomaru said. "Konekomaru..." I called. 

"I thought I was watching closely, but... I'm so ashamed!" Konekomaru said. Ryuji and Konekomaru knew Shima their whole life. It must be extremely hard to find out that your best friend has been working behind your back for years...