The Statue and the Painting

The next day, I stayed over at the dorms at True Cross Academy. Of course I took online courses instead of regular ones, so I was technically enrolled in both U.A. and True Cross Academy. Every Sunday, I came home.

Rin had gone out today for unknown reasons. I went to the kitchen to see that Yukio was staring at a letter. It was from Rin. It read, "I got 0 points in the English test, so I have to go and get supplementary lessons and can't prepare lunch." I had no words to say except,

"0 points..." How was that even possible?! Even when I offered Rin to help him learn english! I clenched my fist. "Akia? You okay?" I heard Yukio ask me. "I know someone is not going to be okay today once I'm done with them..." I said in a low tone.

Yukio knew what I was capable of doing to Rin when I was mad at him. Mostly, I got mad at Rin. Sometimes I got mad at Yukio. They both knew not to mess with my anger. "Just try not to kill him." Yukio told me, nervously. "Don't worry. I won't kill him, though he'd wish for it." I said. "...right..." Yukio said.

Once Rin got home, I started yelling at him. "How in the world did you get 0 points on your English?!" I yelled at him. I could see Rin shaking in fear. I could hear his cries for help in my mind.

"No one can save you now." I glared at him. "God! Please help me!" Rin cried, while I pulled on his tail. Of course because I had a tail, I knew his tail was also sensitive. "Ow! Ow! Ow!" Rin cried.

I saw a little flame poof out of him. I sighed and let go of his tail. "I'm sorry...." Rin apologized. "You better..." I told him. "And after I told you that if you need help with english, you could always come to me..." I reminded Rin of what I told him.

"I'm sorry, Aki... I just didn't want you to be more busy than you already are." Rin told me. "The classes are no sweat for me. I could find time to teach you." I told him. "Really? You'd do that?" Rin asked me.

"Yes." I told him. "And you could always ask Yukio as well if you need help." I told Rin. "But Yukio's always busy!" Rin whined. "He seems stressed enough as it is!" Rin told me.

"Actually... you have a point there..." I said. I noticed Yukio's tired state today. He seemed very exhausted. "Alright then. You'll just have to learn from me." I told Rin. "What would I do without you?" Rin asked me.

"I honestly don't know." I told him. "Please promise me that you won't go risking your life anytime soon." Rin told me all of a sudden, pulling me into a hug. "Yukio and I... don't want to lose you too..." Rin told me. "I know... I promise that I won't die anytime soon." I told him, hugging him back. 

Tonight, we were to investigate the statue of Mephisto. "Today's mission is the second of the Seven Mysteries, "The Statues of Johan Faust that becomes alive at night". It's a low level demon that possesses the statue. It should be easy to exorcise. Let's finish this soon, so that we move on to the "Deserted Streetcar" Discuss a strategy right away." Yukio told us.

"I've done nothing cool so far. This time we'll have great teamwork! I won't lose to the girls!" Suguro told us. "Hah... From the moment you say that you've already given up on teamwork." I told him.

"I meant as in determination!" Suguro told me. "If you're looking at it as a challenge, it's still the same." Rin said. "Aaah?!" Shiemi asked in shock. "What's up with you?! What do you want from me?!" Suguro asked Rin.

"You're annoying, I want you to shut up." I heard Konekomaru say. "You...!" Rin started. "Bon... You're making matters worse..." Shima said. "Man, I forgot these two are arch-enemies." Izumo said. "Yeah." I agreed.

Just then, I noticed Shiemi turn her head. I turned to see what she was looking at. Wasn't there supposed to be a statue there? "There's no statue!" I told them, pointing to the empty podium. "Eh?! Did it vanish?!" I heard Rin ask in shock.