Eri

The next day marked the beginning of mine and Midoriya's work study. We were going to patrol around the city. We were going to be split into two teams. I was with Mirio and Midoriya. Our agency was currently working on a secret investigation on Shie Hassaikai. Nighteye showed us a picture of the leader of the group. 

His name was Kai Chisaki. He wore one of those masks that the doctors during the Dark Ages wore when the bubonic plague was round. He was behaving strangely lately. He was creepy. Bubble Girl told us that he made contact with the League of Villains recently and a fight broke out between them. We were told not to arouse any suspicion.

Some people started to recognise us from the sports festival. "This is sorta nerve-wracking." Midoriya said. "What gives? You went out on patrol during your internship, didn't you? Though, I guess I don't blame you for being shaken after what went down." Mirio said. 

"Oh, no. It's not that. I just kinda missed out on learning some of the basics, so..." "Yeah? Huh, that must be strange. Ah, don't worry. Sir and Bubble are the ones who are actually watching the target today, so I can teach you two all about patrol duty. We'll get you two up to snuff! Just watch and learn, my friends!" Mirio said. "Way to be cheerful!" I said.

"Hey, we forgot something! Our hero names! We should know each other's, right?" Mirio asked us. "Oh, yeah, yeah, totally. I'm Deku'' Midoriya said. "I'm Night Light." I said. "Deku? Like "Deck?" That's weird. And "Night Light? That seems pretty interesting." Mirio said. "I like it." Midoriya said.

"Yeah, me too." I said. " 'Kay, well, I'm Lemillion. For the number of people I'll save. You know. Can't save 'em all. But I can at least shoot for saving 1,000,000 instead, so that's what I'm doing! When we put on our costumes and start hittin' the streets, that's when we become heroes! So don't let your guard down, Deku! Sakia!" Mirio said. "Got it, Lemillion!" Midoriya and I said.

As we continued patrolling, I felt someone bumping into me and falling on the ground. I turned around to see a small child. She was probably around the age of five or six. She had messy, gay-ish, white-ish hair, red eyes, and a tiny horn on the right side of her head. "I'm so sorry. You took a tumble." I said, reaching out to her, but then I noticed her expression.

She was...scared...I soon noticed the bandages on her body, covering both her arms and legs. She looked very pale, and skinny, like she hadn't eaten for days. "Are you okay? Can I, uh, help you up?" I asked her, attempting to pick her up. I heard a whimper coming out of her. She was trembling. 'Why is she trembling?' I asked myself.

"You should be more careful." A man's voice said, coming from the alleyway. That voice made the girl visibly flinch in my arms. I looked up to see...the man in the photo! Kai Chisaki. "We don't wanna cause trouble for the heroes." Kai said. 

My eyes widened. That was the guy Nighteye was after. We were not to arouse any suspicion if we saw him. I didn't think we actually would, but...here he was. I could feel my tail stiffen.

"I'll hope you'll forgive my daughter, hero. I don't know what to do with her. Always playing rough, bumping into things. Just then, I felt my hoodie getting pulled back on. "Whoopsie-daisy looks like that darn hoodie came off again. You might wanna think about getting it resized, my friend." Mirio told me and Izuku.

I'm sorry about that. It was our fault, too." Right. I was an idiot. If I let him see how tensed up I am, he'll get suspicious, and that could screw up Nighteye's entire cause. I had to keep it cool. I focused on controlling my tail.

"I know that mask! You must be from the Hassaikai, right?" Mirio asked. "You guys are famous around here." "Yeah, please don't mind the mask. It keeps out the filth. I don't believe I've seen you three in the area before." Chisaki said. "Right! Well, we're still pretty new, but you probably already guessed that much. Now, on your feet, partner. Can't do much hero-ing from down there." Mirio told me. I couldn't believe that he was acting all casual around this guy.