Work Studies and The Big Three

The next morning, we learned that Bakugo and Midoriya were on house arrest for breaking the rules yesterday night. I sighed, and decided to ask them after we were done with our classes. Monoma, from class 1B started laughing at us because two of our classmates failed the provisional licence test, and their class passed with no failures. "I'm sorry. It's my fault." Todoroi said, sadly.

"They're the ones who are turning it into a competition. It's no big deal." Kirishima reassured him. Summer vacation ended for us and we were going back to school this semester. We had to listen to Principal Nezu's speech, welcoming us. We were going to do hero work studies this semester. I was excited. We were sent back to class again.

"Okay. Starting today we'll resume our regular classes and training schedule. I know a lot has happened recently, however, you need to switch gears and focus on your school duties. We're lecturing today, but this semester you'll have even harsher training than before." Mr. Aizawa said.

"Excuse me, sir. May I ask a question? What were those things the principal was talking about during the opening ceremonies? I've never heard the term hero work studies before." Tsu said. "I know right? That had me pretty confused, too." Sero said. "I also have concerns." Tokoyami said.

"He said they're something the upperclassmen participate in, correct?" Yaoyorozu asked. Mr. Aizawa started rubbing his head. "I was planning to talk more about those at a later date, but I guess telling you know is more logical. To put it simply, it's work outside of class. Like the internships you did at pro hero agencies before. Only closer to the real thing." Mr. Aizawa explained.

"Wait, then why did we work so hard at the sports fest?!" Uraraka asked in shock. "She has a point. If we have work studies, those who weren't scouted at the sports festival still have career paths." Iida said.

"You'll be using your connections from the festival to secure a work study. It's basic networking. This isn't part of your normal classwork. It's discretionary for each student. That means those who weren't scouted at the sports festival will have a hard time lining one up I'm afraid. Originally, individual agencies recruited on their own. But there was lots of competition as people tried to recruit UA students. So this is how things ended up. Good enough Ochaco?" Mr. Aizawa asked.

"I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, sir." Uraraka said. "Now that you have your provisional licenses, you can assist in real ways, for longer periods of time. Until now, there haven't been many first years who've received their licenses. With the increased activity of villains, we're currently exploring the idea that you can participate in work studies as well. We'll explain more about the work study positions and what that program entails at a later date, but for now... We've got other things to worry about. That's all. Sorry to keep you waiting, Mic." Mr. Aizawa said. Present Mic showed up and it was time for english class.

After our classes, we headed back to the dorm rooms. Mineta and Sero were teasing Bakugo of the dust. "Midoriya was s'posed to do that! Shut up!" I heard Bakugo yell. I could tell that Midoriya was feeling left behind already. Too bad we couldn't tell him and Bakugo about what a work study was.

After my UA classes were done, I used my port key to enter the Cram School. The minute I stepped in, I was pulled into a squeezing hug by none other than Rin. "Aki! I missed you!" Rin cried. I couldn't say anything due to the fact that my life was getting squeezed right out of me.

"Rin. You're crushing our sister." Yukio told Rin. He immediately let me go. "Right! Sorry, sis!" Rin said, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck, laughing nervously, as I gasped for air. "So, how are thing at UA going?" Shiemi asked me.