70

April 10,2019
Sadona, Arizona

Zak's POV

We arrived at the house Elizabeth rented for the next two weeks for a much needed vacation. As Elizabeth is putting away our clothes I am putting away the food away that we brought. We wanted to make most of our meals at the house except for the one night when we are going out to a restaurant in Sadona but of course Elizabeth doesn't know about that, yet.

"Zak?" said Elizabeth as she came out of the bedroom.

"Yeah Babe," I said.

"I have something to give you," she said.

"You do?" I said.

She nodded and hands me a box wrapped nicely in black and red wrapping paper.

"Open it!!" she said with a wide smile.

"Okay," I said with a chuckle as I ripped open the paper she sat on the stool by the island. I took the lid off the box "Babe!!!"

"Do you like it?" she asked with a smile.

"I love it!" I said.

"You do?" she asked.

"This shadow box is amazing," I said with a laugh "Is this from our first concert together in what nineteen ninty five? No Doubt?!!"

She nodded "Yeah," she said laughing "Look at how goofy we look!" she tapped the glass.

"I may look goofy but you, you are absolutely perfect," I said.

"Zak!" she said rolling her eyes "Stop."

"And if I don't want to?" I asked a smirk on my face "What are you going to do about it?"

"Well," she said as she pushed back from the island and came around it. She came next to me and taps me on the shoulder "Maybe this," she smiled as I turned to her. She stood on her tip toes and kissed my lips gently.

I smirk against her lips as I held her to me "Well you shut my mouth," I said.

"Not enough," she said as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I laughed as I lifted her up and put her on the island. She quickly wrapped her legs around me as our familiar dance began.

"Babe?" I said as I drew back from the kiss.

"Baby?" she said with a smile.

"I have something for you too," I said as I went over to a duffle bag and pulled something out before walking back to her "Here," I hand her an oblong box.

She gasped when she opened the box I handed "Oh my God Zak," she whispered "This. Is this the necklace that I fell in love with on the last investigation?!" she looks up at me and our eyes connected.

"Yeah," I said with a smile "Do you like it?"

"No," she said shaking her head "I absolutely love it!! Thank you," she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed the tip of my nose "Zak I can't believe how you spoil me."

"I'm happy too," I said.

"Yeah I know you're happy too but you know you don't have to," she said.

"I know that but I want to you're my rock," I said.

"And you're mine," she said with a smile.

"Let's get the rest of this place together and make dinner and have it on terrace under the stars," I said "And have a dance party as well?"

She gave me a shy half smile "You really do know the way to my heart huh?" she said.

"You bet your bottom dollar I do," I said leaning in and kissing her lips.