48

Zak's POV

When we arrived home I got out from the back of Aaron's car as Elizabeth got out as well. I scooped Elizabeth up bridal style and began walking. Elizabeth giggled before smiling at me "Zak I can walk you know," she said hanging onto me with her right arm.

"I know," I said kissing her "But I want to spoil you," as Aaron opened the front door for me "Thanks Bro."

"No problem G," he said stepping aside. I walked into the house and I walked over to the couch.

"How are you Beth? What happened at the hospital?" asked Mom coming over to the couch where  I sat with Elizabeth in my lap.

"Good. I got about hundred and fifty stitches and I have to see a plastic surgeon in a few days," she said as she stayed on my lap.

"Oh my God," said Mom.

"I will be fine," said Elizabeth with a soft smile towards my Mom.

"But you are hurt," she said.

"But Miss. Nancy. It could have been worse but because Zak didn't even bat an eyelash when he saw I was hurt. He quickly took action," she said smiling at me "I guess he digs me."

I laughed "More than dig Babe," I said cupping her face "I love you to Pluto and back."

"Did you hear about Pluto?" she asked with a crooked smile.

"Yeah that's messed up," I said.

Aaron and my Mom rolled their eyes "You two are weird," said Aaron "First domestic partnerships and now something about Pluto?"

"First off. Pluto it's from Psych," said Elizabeth smiling at Aaron. Psych  is one of Elizabeth's favorite shows on planet Earth. One of the main characters Burton "Gus" Guster tries to sweet talk the ladies with the line about Pluto and it become an inside joke between the two of us.

"Yeah," I said.

Aaron shrugged "Okay but you two are still weird," he said.

"Excuse what about domestic partnerships?" asked Mom.

"Well," I said looking at Elizabeth who nodded as she slid to my side before cuddling into me "It's like a marriage but we won't be Mr. and Mrs. Bagans and our tax bracket won't change but we can make medical decisions for each other and other things married couples can do. And we will be wearing rings."

"So you'll be married without the certificate?" asked Mom with  a raised eyebrow.

"In the eyes of the law? Yes," I said.

Elizabeth's POV

"Miss Nancy," I said "I love your son more than words could ever say," I smile at Zak.

"I know you do dear," she said "And please call me Mom," she smiles at me.

"Okay," I said blushing "Mom."

Nancy smiled at me widely before pulling me away from Zak and hugging me tightly "Oh Elizabeth you don't know how long I have wanted to hear that word come from your lips," she said with tears in her eyes.

I giggled and hugged her back "I am glad I could make you happy Mom," I said "But umm you're squishing me."

"Ooops. Sorry," said Nancy let go of me before she cupped my face "But no more of this Miss. Nancy. It's Mom from here on out." 

"Mom," said Zak.

"What?" said Nancy with a smile "It's true. Elizabeth is the one I always saw you being with. And you know that."