36

Raya's POV

I gave Elizabeth some of my clothes to wear so she didn't have to wear that dress to have a reminder of that horrible date. She is currently curled up on my couch in the living room. 

"Here you go Liz," I said handing her some water.

"Thanks," she said putting it on the coffee table.

Just then my doorbell rings "That's probably Zak," I said.

Elizabeth nodded as I left to answer the door.

"Hey Zak," I said answering the door.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"Living room," I said.

"Thanks," he said. He ran to the living room and saw Elizabeth curled up "Bizz."

Zak's POV

"Z?" she said quietly looking up at me.

"Hey," I said opening my arms wide.

She got up and hugged me "Zak," she said burying her face into my chest.

"What happened?" I asked.Instead of answering me she stepped back and pushed the sleeve of the sweatshirt  she was wearing up and showed me the hand print around her delicate wrist "He hurt you?! That mother fucker is dead!"

"Zak no," she said shaking her head. Her ponytail sways side to side "I don't want to lose you. You kill him. You'll go to jail for murder. I would come visit you but it would make it kind of difficult to hug you or well you know once you get the courage to say it."

I smiled she was still herself cracking jokes and making me smile "Nerd," I said "Did he try anything else or do anything else to you?" I looked at her.

"Well," she said not making eye contact with me.

Elizabeth's POV

"Well what?" he asked looking at me.

"He put his hand underneath my dress,"  I said.

I saw the moment Zak saw red "Did he touch you where I think he might have?" he asked.

"No," I said "I slapped his hand away before he did that."

"Good," he said pulling me into a hug "Should we get back to the hotel then? After all we do we have a case tomorrow night?"

"Yeah," I said with a smile.

"Then let's go," he said wrapping an arm around my waist.

Zak and  Elizabeth head for the door.

"See you," said Raya hugging Elizabeth "for the investigation tomorrow."

"Okay" she said.

"Come on Bizz. Let's get going," said Zak ushering her out of the house by the small of her back causing her to blush slightly and to the SUV.

She smiles softly at him as he wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed  her on the temple.

"Thank you Zak," she said looking up at him " you don't know how much I appreciate it."

"You're my best friend Bizz. I will help you out no matter what. You should know that by now," he said opening the passenger side door.

"I know that but dropping every," began Elizabeth before Zak stopped her.

"Just stop I know you're sorry you went and you don't have to be," he said before shutting the SUV door and  then he got in before continuing "A you don't have a ring on your finger."