47

Zak's POV

"Well," said Elizabeth with her hands on her hips as she looked at the set up in the backyard "I think we are done. What do you think?"

"Yes," I said as I wrapped my arms around Elizabeth's waist from behind as we swayed to her Love Songs playlist on Spotify "But I should start the grill."

"Well you do have a knack for turning things on," said Elizabeth with a smirk as she turned to me.

"You're trouble," I said with a smile and stealing a kiss.

"I know I am and you love it," she said turning to fix a pillow on the wicker couch we had pool side as Just One Look by Linda Ronstadt plays as I go to the grill.

"Yes," I said as I turned the gas grill on as I watched her dance as All I Ever Needed by Bret Michaels began.

Since I had to wait until the grill got hot I went over and grabbed her we began swaying to the song as Gracie came out she sat and watched us.

Elizabeth rubbed the back of my neck as we danced. She looked at me with a smile. I held her hand to my chest as her other hand came to rest on my shoulder as she laid her head on my shoulder as the song faded out. We continued to dance and sway as a commercial came on.

"Zak," she said "It's a commercial why are we still dancing?"

Elizabeth's POV

Zak laughed as he pulled me up off the ground and kissed my lips "Can't help but wanting to keep you in my arms," he said.

"Sweet talker," I said with a giggle as he sat me on my feet.

"Only with you," he said as he went over to start the meats and I follow as he is putting the burgers on I placed a kiss on his shoulder blade "Babe," he smiled at me.

"What," I said "I like my lips on your body," I smiled at him.

"I do too," said Zak smiling down at me.

"I have to go cut up the fruit for the fruit salad," I said.

"Okay," said Zak.

"Come on Gracie," I said as I patted my hip and she followed me into the house.

Gracie went to her dog bed in the corner of the kitchen and laid down but kept her eyes on me while I got the fresh fruit Zak and I got earlier in the morning. I was getting a large knife out when my hand slipped and the blade caught my hand. I scream out in pain causing Zak to come running in.

"Babe what happened?" he asked as he came to my side. That's when he saw the blood "Oh my God," he grabbed my hand and a towel wrapping it immediately "Okay. I am going to call Aaron and see if he can come over to take us to the hospital," he takes his cell phone from his back pocket and called Aaron.

"Hey G," he said.

"Aaron can you come take Elizabeth and I to the hospital?" he asked.

"Yes," said Aaron "I am out the door. What happened?"

"She cut her hand and I think she is going to need stitches," he said as my knees buckled. He caught me with one arm and he walked me over to the chair. Gracie padded over and put her head on my knee "Just please hurry she is going pale and she just nearly passed out."

Zak's POV

"I am on my way," said Aaron.

I hung up before kneeling in front of Elizabeth who had most of the color drained from her face "Baby stay with me," I said "Please stay with me," I had tears coming down my cheeks.