Part 29

"Work hard."

*

I turned around to hug him and heard his light sobs. I couldn't ignore the fact that I pitied him but I have made my decision.

"Please..."

"I'm so sorry, but I just can't." I said and gently caressed his back and felt his grip tightening to my cloth. I tried to free myself already but he just won't let me, so I let him stayed longer to my arms as much as he's pleased because I know his comfort.

"Just let me love you, I can make you fall for me if you can't."

"Mingyu, I really can't. I know this'll hurt you but it will never last long, maybe our thing is just a matter of friendship, nothing more." I said and cupped his face and wiped his tears with a smile.

"This isn't a bittersweet goodbye. We're still going to see each other, but the way we'll look to each other maybe will never be the same. I mean... We'll be the same old person, but with difeerent feelings."

"Mingyu, there are still lots of girls you'll possibly meet. We're still young and have more places to come to and maybe one day, you'll find your girl.. It's not going to be me, and I'm looking forward to see her with you, holding hands." I said.

"You're.. letting me off like this?"

"No, I will always be with you. I'm still your best friend and as one, I always wanted the best for you. I wanted to see you happy with someone who's better than me—"

"There's gonna be no one better than you, Hana. I just cannot look at someone the way I look at you. You're such an amazing human being. You're strong, you're dumb, and you're not just ordinary. You overcame some fears of yours and almost died but here you are... Living and existing."

"Ever since I approached you that day on the Library. I know I have caught feelings to you, so after that, I always wanted to be with you and spend time with you. Because it's you..."

"The one I will only lay my eyes on. Not on anyone... Just you."

A tear slipped down my cheeks as I listen to him, it touched me that my ears rang for a long time, processing everything he said.

"I'm sorry, for the last time. I can't... I'm so sorry."

Forcibly removed his grip to me, I walked away from him with eyes watering. I couldn't keep the fact I wanted to stay with him, but with all of his words... It just made me lose control and do it, leave him.

Maybe I liked Mingyu, but not the way that others do, I like him because he's so funny and tall, he's crazy like a lunatic at times, but can also be a real cuddle monster and a great comforter. With all of those, I liked him, as my friend, I wanted to keep him as the person he is. I might've mistreated him, I regretted that. A person like him should never be hurted, I'll take that to life.

"I'm home..." I said as I arrived, Jeonghan was sitting on the couch with YoungHoon sleeping on his lap.

"Why so down? Did you fought?" Jeonghan asked and I shook my head.

"I just placed a period on his long statements. I..."

"Disrupted his feelings towards me."

"Disrupted?"

"Nothing more to say, just... Disrupted." I said and went upstairs, with heavy shoulders and pouty lips.

I started to think about him again.

"I'm so sorry... My feelings were final."

*

Walking down the hallways, I kept looking for Mingyu since this morning but he wasn't present. I think he's still in dazed of what happened to us yesterday and thought of taking a small break.

"You've been losing your way aren't you? Well... My office is open and I am asking you to come with me right now, Miss Choi." Professor Sick called me with his deep and authorized voice and walked through, making me follow him with head down.

"Sit down. Contemplate and look at your works." Professor Sick said and gave me a timeline of my works. Dang, I have 12 missing written outputs and 2 powerpoints?!

"Surprising, isn't it?" Professor Sick asked and I looked at him with mouth swung opened, my hands shaking as I do so.

"This is an important work, Miss Choi. This is a clearance and you can't finish this school year and might repeat if you cannot hand this to me before the last passing of grades."

"But.. S-sir, how is this possible? I-I know I did what you all have told us but—"

"But, your mind kept slipping off of our focus. Your peers are not as worried as you are because they have finished what I asked." Professor said and I looked down, feeling the embarassment as I stayed longer being seated and interrogated.

"Well, the year is not over yet and you can still pass it. There will be a week break before the last days this year and I am giving you this opportunity to at least finish off what you can do at your best."

"R-really?"

"Yes, I wouldn't like to lose my job. Considering the fact that you are the Young Master's girlfriend, and I can be sued by him if he wants to." Professor said.

"Thank you so much, Professor! I will do my best to pass this to you all—but.. Jeonghan wasn't my boyfriend.."

"That's good to hear then. Freely leave and start your job."

*

I haven't told anyone that I have this longated work so I silently stayed inside my room and started doing my work.

"meow."

"Not now YoungHoon, I'm busy."

"meow."

"Go to your father, annoy him instead."

"meow."

"F-cking—" I turned to face YoungHoon but saw Jeonghan instead that made me look at him with a surprised look.

"What the f-ck?"

"Yes? Should I annoy my father instead?" Jeonghan said and layed down my bed.

"I'm going to the market, don't you wanna go?"

"No, I still have to go work."

"Working for the future, huh?" Jeonghan walked up to me and caressed my hair, kissing it and smiled.

"Well, then. Go ahead, I'll make something for you when I come back." Jeonghan said and left the room.

I looked back at the door after he left and a small smile flashed on my lips after remembering his kiss to my hair earlier.

Why am I even flattered..?

>End...