Part 40

"Step back."

*

"Long have I waited for that man to come back to us. But he didn't, all throughout our sufferings, he wasn't there... not even his shadow had conscience."

"I'm sorry.."

"I can't accept your invitation and live under the same roof with that kind of person."

"But.."

"I promise I will take care of you, I'm just here for you."

"I'm sorry I can't face him, It's like facing death."

I finally lets go from Daiki's embrace and turned my back to walk away from the place but before I could finally leave him, I looked back at him again.

"Nice to meet you, brother."

~

I opened the door and walked on my weak knees. The confusion just makes me cannot take all of it anymore. I fell down the living room floor and a loud thud was created by my fall.

seems like Jeonghan forgot about me already...

"Yes, I just came home. Don't worry, it's no big deal that I took it out of you. Take a good rest, goodbye." An approaching voice was then heard but I didn't minded and just closed my eyes. I wasn't playing dead at all, I'm too tired to even do anything because I know even if I'd pursue him to do anything, he wouldn't anymore.

I then suddenly felt my body floating and the next thing I know is Jeonghan is carrying me upstairs already. I didn't thought he'd still do this to me, I thought he forgot about me already. He laid me down the bed and I still didn't looked at him and just pretended I'm already sleeping.

I felt his weight on the bed which means he hasn't left the room yet. This is too tensing.

"I'm sorry..."

Okay, why the sudden apologies?

"Just by looking at you right now... You seemed too weak and you haven't had a good care about yourself, your health.."

I should pretend that I'm sleeping..

Maybe in this way, I might know why he's being too different..

Right and—

"I'm sorry, I cheated."

Not another word left his mouth after that word and he then left the room, closing the door gently.

I sat down the bed and looked at the closed door in confusion.

C-cheated...?

***

"I'm signing off."

"Why?"

"I just want to. Please do tell the others that I'm not going to continue working anymore." I said and started packing my stuffs and a hand stopped me.

"Noona, you're leaving already?"

...

"NOONA?!!?!"

"HANA CHOI!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NOONA?!?!?"

I couldn't straightforwardly tell them what's the truth so I pretended that I didn't heard their reactions and questions and just looked at Daiki and timidly smiled, patting his shoulder.

"I needed to have some time for myself too. Don't worry, I'll visit you often." I said and was about to leave the door when someone entered. Okay, let's pretend I haven't noticed him.

And yes, I just walked pass through him and finally left the restaurant.

"Wait."

Another familiar voice called for me that somewhat tensed me so I just continued walking away like it wasn't for me he called to.

"Hanabi—"

"For the last time just please leave my life alone!"

"But, Hanabi—"

"Don't ever call me by that name."

"Please, just talk to me.." He said and was about to hold my hand when I refused.

"It's your younger brother's birthday wish. For you to live with us."

"He.. He keep telling me he wanted to see his older sister and I didn't thought it would happen too fast. I know you hate me for what I did but.."

"You wished for him too."

"You wished for a younger brother."

He longly waited until I could even answer but I never appreciated it.

"I waited for long, don't expect me to always wait for nothing. If I would choose between dying or living under the same roof with you, I'd just die instead."

"If you keep doing this to me, I would call an arrest for you. So;"

"I won't beg for you to leave me alone anymore. If you won't stop, you'd end up imprisoned and if you'd stop, maybe I can live a better life." I said and finally walked away from him.

The sky started to grow dim and soon enough it will rain. I even decided not to call a taxi because I wanted to walk the streets back at home at peace but the sky just won't.

And there, one by one, it started to drop and I was about to run when a car stopped in front of me, almost hitting me by any chances.

I didn't expected any paticular person right now to meet me until the car window rolled down.

"J-jisoo..?"

~

"I didn't expected I'd suddenly see you here, Hana."

"Do you want me to deliver you back to your house?" He asked and an idea suddenly popped off in my mind.

"Let's drop at a nearby restaurant."

And so we went down on a nearby restaurant and ate together. I literally have no intentions except for asking him one thing. So before I ask him quickly about it, I made sure he wasn't really suspicious about anything.

"So uhm.. Jisoo."

"Yes?"

"I know this was sudden but.. Do you perhaps know what's going on with.. J-jeonghan?" I asked and he looked at me and slowly emerged a smile.

"Why? Isn't it supposed to be you who should know about it?" He asked and I sighed, placing down my spoon and fork.

"I won't be asking you this if he's telling it all to me, right?" I asked and he chuckled, avoiding my gaze at some point.

"W-well.. You could assume he's just having tough times for himself or—"

"Jisoo, please. Don't try to avoid my question.." I pleaded and looked straight into his eyes that made him stop fidgeting and suddenly turned serious.

"I-I just wanted to know what's wrong with him lately and... Maybe might as well fix it." I said and looked down.

It had been quite a long time before I heard him sighed and called me.

"Hana, look.."

"I'm sorry I made it like this but I really wasn't supposed to tell you this but since I don't want you to literally get even tired of it..." Hs then stopped and sighed again that made me look at him and wait for his next words.

"He's being forced to leave you."

>End...