Part 37

"Doubt."

*

Safe and sound, we were delivered out of the Freezer Room to be rushed into warmth. I didn't know what happened next after the metal door was screeched open and whoever took us out of there because I felt nauseous by the time Daiki and I stood up to look upon the door and I passed out after getting taken out of the area.

Currently, I felt somewhat warm already and I opened my eyes and saw the wholeness of the room, My room to be exact.

"Thank goodness you're awake." A mild voice welcomed me from the bedside with a smile.

"Is Daiki alright?" I asked and he nodded, forming his lips onto a straight line but his gaze on me weren't focused.

"What's been... Pressing you?" I couldn't help but ask him. He just looked at me and chuckled, shaking his head as a sign of denying.

"You should take some more rest. I-I'll just answer a call." He said and stood up from being seated and rushed to get out of the room which left me suspicious.

*

Days have passed and our summer job is well fun and we gain enough money for our daily needs and the fact that college is still on us, our salary is our key to pick up on our school's high tuition fees.

"Intriguing, the manager haven't showed himself to us yet." Taeyeon said and pouted.

"You're curious aren't you?"

"Someone told me he's fine as wine. What do you expect, Hana? What if he's the same age as us?!" Taeyeon's eyes sparked in excitement but got cut off with Jae's laugh.

"Take it out, Taeyeon. Fine as wine in 40's! You're looking for a sugary sweet grandpa aren't you?" Jae said that got everyone of us laughing to Taeyeon.

"W-what..? So.. He's not a teenager?"

"What you're talking about is his son! Daiki!" Jihyo said and someone suddenly busted inside the room, which happens to be Daiki.

"Y-you're calling me?" Daiki said and Jae blushed, turning away from Daiki's gaze.

"We're all good! See you later!" Mingyu said and closed the door towards Daiki.

"So disrespectful!" Hangyeol scolded Mingyu and they started to nag at each other again.

And meanwhile..

Jeonghan's at the Café's veranda, on a phone call again...

What's going on with him these days? Why is he.. Being too busy and he could'nt look at me straight again?

Was it because he lost his interest to me already?

No, he can't.

An idea suddenly popped off my mind and it made me run my way towards Jeonghan with a smile.

"Hey."

"Yes, I'll take it later. Goodbye." He said and dropped the call, looking at me.

"Hmmm?"

"Why don't we eat dinner together later? I found a good restaurant nearby." I said and expected he'd agree but—

"Maybe next time, I got somewhere else to go tonight after work. I'll take you home first and I'll go afterwards."

"So..."