Part 57

"Forgive."

*

"We need to take her to the hospital!" Jeonghan demanded Old Han but the elderly just scratched the back of his neck.

"What are you doing? She'll die!" Jeonghan tried to carry me but I pushed his hands away.

"Stop being so exaggerated." I said and rolled my eyes to him.

"You said your bump hurts! What if your tummy bursts?! What if-"

"Shut it! He's just moving around." I tried to calm him down but he just grew more hysterical.

"Exactly! What if because all of those movements he do, your tummy can't take it!"

"Jeonghan, calm the fuck down will you?" I couldn't help but blurt out.

"He's just moving around, I'm still alright. Okay? So please stop worrying." I said and he exhaled, sitting beside me and hugged me, burying his face on my neck.

"I was just worried you might die and leave me."

"Why would you think of that?"

"It was a dream I had for a few nights already. The same dream keeps appearing." He said and it went silent for awhile.

"I'm scared it might mean something so when you said it somewhat hurts and it made me overthink." He added and I smiled, hugging him back and kissed his forehead. "I can't stop that thought but please try to remove it on your head."

"Three months left and our baby will finally come out. Don't let him see his dad frowning just because he's scared of his own thoughts." I said and he looked up and me, his face somewhat brightened after I said those words and that made me smile wider. "See? I bet our baby would smile if he'd see a smiling daddy." I laughed and he broke into tears that made me stop laughing real quick.

"W-why are you crying, dad?"

"I'm... I'm excited to see him!" He exclaimed and I laughed, it's hilarious that I wasn't expecting that'd be his reason.

"I'm excited too."

"Let's do our best to take care of this kid, alright? We'll build his future very bright and we won't let him suffer the way we did." He said and I nodded, kissing him and wiped his tears away afterwards.

~

"Hel-"

"Congratulations, noona!!!" I felt like my eardrums just exploded after hearing Daiki's loud greeting over the phone.

"T-thanks, Daiki.. I appreciate it." I said and I heard his chuckle over the line. "I'm so surprised, I'm gonna be an uncle!" He said and I couldn't help bit smile after hearing those from him.

"Where are you heading right now?"

"We're visiting my house at Gwangju." I replied and it took him a few minutes before replying.

"A-ah... Is that so? O-okay then, enjoy with brother Jeonghan!" He said before turning off the call that had me wondering.

"Did I said something wrong, dad?" I asked Jeonghan and he just shrugged, his eyes fixated on the road.

"Maybe he wanted to see you right now which is why he asked." He said and didn't spoke after.

"I even forgot to invite him over when we threw a party for the gender reveal." I said and he nodded.

We finally arrived at the house at Gwangju and everything remained as it is when we both left last time.

"YoungHoon, you got a friend looking at you there, buddy." Jeonghan said and pointed the stray cat sitting at the top of the kitchen counter.

"meow"

YoungHoon was first curious of the cat and we just then found out that it was a girl. We both left them familiarize each other at first meet and we unpacked our stuffs.

"Take a seat, I'll make something for you to eat." Jeonghan said and I nodded, him leaving off the living room to me so he can make some food in the kitchen.

I sat on the chair by the window that views the front yard and I fell speechless after seeing someone, standing at the gate with a boquet.

H-how...

"Momma, I'm making-" Jeonghan stopped after he noticed that I wasn't listening to him. My eyes couldn't believe the sight of this pathetic man in front of my house.

"Why is he here..?"

~

Raul stood in front of the house of his past family, he realized how untouched it was because he knew Veronica his wife and Hana her daughter wasn't there.

"You guys.. I-I'm very sorry." He spoke and his hands trembled, giving much care to the boquet of flowers he's holding.

"Veronica, she sure is the stubborn you back then." He chuckled and looked back at the house, like it's Veronica and he's talking to him face-to-face.

"She really is a very strong person. Maybe at times she gives in but if she thinks it's too excessive already, she'll be unforgiveable."

"And that what makes me remember you everytime I see her."

"She resembles you a lot."

"She acts like you back when I first met you in junior high school."

"You know when to stand out and you know when to hide. You engage from time to time but mostly, you're silent. And that what made me like you, and-"

Raul stopped at the moment the house's front door opened, he clearly wasn't expecting someone would be there since he knew Hana is in the capital and is with Jeonghan.

But it never rang in his mind that Hana and Jeonghan would be there and what surprised him the most is...

"H-hana's.. Pregnant."

"What brings you here..?" Hana asked the unmoved man because of the sight of her, pregnant.

"H-hana..."

The man fell on his knees that gave shock to the couple before him. The flowers on his hands fell down the ground that tattered its covering.

"I'm sorry... I left you, I betrayed you, I did the most rebellious thing a father could do.. W-will you forgive me?" He asked and Jeonghan looked at his woman and waited for her respond which made him think of what could she be responding.

"For the sake of our child.."

"I-I forgive you."

>End...