Part 34

"Futures."

*

"I just had a sleepover with a friend, why is it a big deal to you that I didn't told you about it?"

"It's because I promised myself to always know where and what you're up to, missy. What if something happens to you and I'm all clueless about your whereabouts? Where should I look for you?" Jeonghan said through the phone and I can hear how disappointed and worried he is at the same time.

"I'm okay, I'll be home this afternoon." I said and sighed.

"Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, thanks. See you later!" I replied and quickly dropped the call before he could even talk again.

"I thought he knows where you've been." Mingyu asked as he fixed Tina's twin braids. I sighed and leaned on the chair as I stared at my black phone screen.

"I just don't want him to come and... I guess.. Ruin our time together." I said and Mingyu looked at me in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Hey, doesn't mean that I'm with Jeonghan means I'm not gonna be wanting a time to be with you anymore. After all, you..."

"You're the first person to come to me." I completed my words and smiled at Tina as she happily marched her way out of the room to join the other kids on the playgroup.

"That was touching, Hana. I perhaps thought you've completely forgotten about what we both have." He said and hugged me which I gladly returned with a smile. "I thank you so much for that." He added and chuckled.

"You're still here for me after everything that happened tho'. I guess I have the right best friend."

"And hey... School's over, a lot of things will still come for us."

* * * * *

"RECOGNITION OF GRADUATES."

Mama, I did it... I graduated this year. It's a hassle you never witnessed how I walked up the stage to get my diploma and smile in front of a lot of people... A thing I have never done for some time. And.. I guess I indeed have overcame this fear of mine because of my friends and the confidence they share to me. Mama, as I take off this hat, I fix my hair and look up in the sky and see the clouds smile to me... Knowing that you're proud of me as this moment came. I know I'm not alone...

No, because I have you, my friends... And this guy..

"I'm proud of us, darling.." He said and held my hand as we stood beside each other and smiled for a photo—that is now framed and hanging on our living room wall. By far... Our most precious memory together.

"Hana Choi, Yoon Jeonghan's Graduation Photo."

One week later...

"Why are you crying? It's not like we're not going to see each other again... We're co-workers, remember?" I said over the phone to Jihyo who's crying.

"I know but... I miss being classmates with you!"

"Aw, I missed you too. Don't worry, our work will be starting tomorrow. Don't be so dramatic, Jihyo."

"Well... I guess I'll see you there." She said and dropped the call.

"meow."

"Yes, YoungHoon. That's auntie Jihyo." I said and picked him up. I then suddenly smelt something burning coming from the kitchen and a trail of grey smoke started to enter the kitchen that made me panic, and so as the fire alarm.

"What's going on?!" I rushed to the kitchen and saw Jeonghan putting off the flame from the pan in the stove.

The fire sprinkler was triggered and now, we're all soaked but at least the fire is now off.

"I'm sorry, darling.. I was just trying to make something for you." Jeonghan said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"You don't have to, Jeonghan. If you want, I can make something for you instead of you literally burning the house."

"Hey, I'm not bad at cooking." He said and I smirked, looking at the mess he did and so he did realized it and laughed at me. "Well maybe... Let's not talk about it anymore."

And in the end, I cooked for us and that includes YoungHoon. And after quite some time eating together, we decided to take YoungHoon for a walk on the park and he's quite having friends with a neighbor's cat at the moment.

"Your cat is quite cute, boy." The lady complemented YoungHoon while her eyes is locked onto Jeonghan who isn't even giving her a glance.

"By the way... Is he.. Looking for a girlfriend?" She asked and Jeonghan picked YoungHoon up, sighing as she caressed the cat in his arms.

"I'm sorry, he's not interested in girls."

"Then.. What about you?" She asked and gave Jeonghan a cute reaction. Oh my gosh... I am speechless, am I not here?

"Excuse me.." Jeonghan scoffed and held my hand, showing it to the girl and continued his words with a kind tone.

"We're the parents of this cat and I quite hate the thought of you f-cking around and think that your cute things would make me like you... I'm sorry for being kindly cruel, you may leave now." Jeonghan said and the girl was too speechless and offended and glared at me as she left.

I looked at Jeonghan and afterwards laughed at his bold moves.

"I can't be more amused to what I just saw."

"I just wanted to show you how loyal I am to you." He said and smiled at me as we both walked our way out of the park.

"Hey, do you want to—"

"Watch out!" A drifting bike almost hit the two of us but went to the other side and bumped on the sidewalk. We both quickly ran to the biker and help him as it was our fault.

"Hey man, are you okay?" Jeonghan asked the boy and I was too shocked to see who it was.

"Daiki?"

>End...