Part 76

"Goodbye, my love."

*

"At exactly 7:21 in the evening yesterday, Young Master Yoon's Grand White House Mansion is reported to be burned down to flames. It was said that a few of the Young Master's fiancé's friends have came around 6:45PM before the fire started. The police is still having their interviews with the people mentioned earlier. Meanwhile, Young Master Yoon's fiancé, Hana Choi is reportedly dead after being trapped in the kitchen while their only son, Jihoon is saved from being trapped in his crib in the living room along with their pet cat, YoungHoon."

"Hana Choi's body is still not found."

"The police is also requesting for the mansion's security cameras but the cameras were cut off at exactly 6:00PM, right when Hana's friends entered the mansion. The camera then all around the house was dead."

"The security guard was unconscious and we asked him and he said that something hit his head and he then fell asleep."

~

"Uhm.. Young Master, we have to come to the other room.." The policewoman said and I stood up, carefully carrying the sleeping Jihoon in my arms and quietly left the room to transfer to the other.

"Jeonghan! Are you alri—" Mom stopped after seeing how I am. My clothes were tattered and a few parts were burnt. My shoulders couldn't even rise and I just stared at Jihoon, not minding the people looking at me.

"Hana..."

"She's.. d-dead.." Mom said and a tear slid down my cheeks and I looked at her with a sharp glare.

"I-I fucking know..." I said as my voice shook in anger.

The housemaid took Jihoon and placed him down the stroller. I fell on my knees and tears couldn't stop anymore, I sobbed and punched the ground multiple times, letting out my anger and I screamed.

"I SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT THEM! I SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT THEM!"

"THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN IF I STAYED BESIDE THEM, N-NOW... NOW I LOST HER, WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!" I cried loudly and Mom knelt in my height and hugged me as she started to tear up as well. She tried to stop me from punching the ground again and cooed me.

"Mom.. I love her.. I love her so much.." I cried and buried my face on her shoulder as she nodded.

"I know, son. But we have to accept it already.. I'm so sorry for your loss.." She said. I couldn't stop crying, I didn't minded if my cries were heard around the place or even out of the place, I couldn't accept this, not like this..

"You have a son to raise, I know even if she's not gonna be beside you, she'll always watch the two of you." Mom said.

"We haven't even get to walk down the aisle.. we.. we haven't kissed in front of the altar, we... We didn't even danced the night away wearing our wedding rings.."

"Mom.. m-my dream..."

I continued to sob and after a few minutes, the door swung opened, revealing Raul holding a bunch of white roses.

"I-I'm..."

"I'm sorry.. I.."

I stood up and didn't looked at Raul. In my peripheral vision, I could see Jihoon and he's already awake, must be because of my loud noise but I didn't mind.

"O-Old Han, prepare the car. Jihoon and I will go now."

"Yes, Young Master."

I just walked pass through him and took Jihoon from the crib, the housemaid follows me carrying Jihoon's stuffs and I was about to leave the room when—

"W-wait! What about m—"

"I'm sorry, Raul. But I can't face you at the moment." I said and was about to go again when he spoke.

"But I wasn't blaming anyone here, I-I—"

"I didn't asked for who are you gonna blame!" I said, raising my voice that startled the kid in my arms.

"D-da... Dada..."

I looked down at him and met his eyes, Jihoon really got Hana's eyes and it made me remember her again, how beautiful her eyes is..

"Please, I need space to recover.."

*

A few days later...

"I remembrance of Hana Choi, we are gathered here around her ash. May she rest in paradise, happily running through the golden streets."

"Hana's life has been a testimony, how we should fight for every trouble that we face. She's a very kind person, considerate, caring, smart, and above all, a very loving partner who never failed to give me everything. Though there has been a lot of challenges before us, we still had each other, and even added a hand, our only son, Jihoon. He has been our strength and the reason why the two of us work hard. Actually, today is supposed to be our 5th year anniversary, and... In a few days, was supposed to be our wedding day..."

"It never stopped in my mind that this thing would come. That I would lose her. Funny? I mean.. I looked at ourselves when we're already in our 80s. I imagined it all, that we would grow old, seeing our own child has his own kid and wife, but.. how unfair it is that I was left alone. But I still pray, wherever you are, my beloved.. May you be happy and have peace. I will continue to love you and take care of our son and give him the love of a father, and a mother.."

Stepping down the mini stage, I took the white dove and looked up the blue sky before letting the dove fly up, along with the others who attended.

"Na.. nana..." I looked down the kid on the stroller and timidly smiled, fixing his small bow and carried him, giving him a hug and a kiss in the forehead.

"Son, I know you don't know what's going on clearly, but soon enough I might be able to tell this to you.."

"Your mom, the most beautiful woman I've ever met..."

"Is now gone up there." I said and pointed up the sky, Jihoon also looked up and pointed up, smiling.

"Mama!" He called and giggled that made me smile. Probably the first time I smiled widely after she's gone.

Years will pass and I will still look for you, will still crave for your warm hugs, your soft hair, your soft skin and your sweet lips.

I will never remove this ring because whilst wearing this, we swore to love each other through eternity.

Hana, thank you for being the best. For being the person who understands me better than anyone else.

But heaven needed you, I couldn't do anything..

"I love you. In our next lives... Let's meet again."

>END OF BOOK 2