Part 56

"Long time no see."

*

"Momma, look over here!" Jeonghan called me so I looked at him and surprised to see what he has in his hands.

A pair of mittens and socks.

"Aw, where did you get those?" I asked and looked at the cutesy pairs closer. "I made them myself." He replied that made me look at him with disbelief.

"Wait, really?"

"I watched a few tutorials on how to knit them and asked for a housemaid's supervision." He said and I smiled, hugging him as I felt proud of what he had done.

"Thanks, daddy." I said and he replied with a kiss. "I, of course made a blue one because it's a boy!" He happily said and I laughed, he's like a kid, waiting for his parents as they just bought the toy he wanted.

New Year passed and I am now six months pregnant. The Yoon family planned on making a celebration for our baby's gender reveal. It's a boy, obviously.

"Congratulations, seniors."

H-ha...?

After Jeonghan and I have familiarized the voice owner, we both slowly looked back and confimed who it is.

"S-seoyeon..."

~

"May I have a word with you, Hana?" Seoyeon was about to hold my hand when Jeonghan interfered, slapping away her hand and pulled me away from Seoyeon.

"I didn't knew we're accepting uninvited personas." He said and Seoyeon chuckled. "I'm sorry, I suppose you're thinking that I am too nasty to be here after of what I just did back then, but..."

"It's why I'm here, to apologize and to have a clear conversation with your girl." Seoyeon said and Jeonghan was about to interfere again when I held his arm, looking at him and assured that I'll be fine. I suppose he understood what I mean which is why he sighed, glaring at Seoyeon before leaving the two of us.

"You're really making sure that he'll have no other option, huh?" She said that made me look at her in confusion.

"W-what?"

"Aha, I mean.. You really wanted him to never leave you so you made sure to get pregnant and have my place. How pathetic." She said and even smiled like what she said is very pleasing.

After all, why did I even get pregnant? Is it to have Jeonghan just for myself and so that he wouldn't have his feelings back to Seoyeon?

Or I am just too scared that if he wouldn't fall to Seoyeon, it'll be Jihyo?

It's too complicated.

"Are you really here to apologize or you're just here to humiliate me and make me feel like I'm just a beggar under his feet?" I said that made her look at me with surprise, drawn all over her face.

"Seoyeon.. I know you know that he had an acquaintance that he fell to. No connection at all but.."

"I just wanted to tell you how dare you say it's pathetic of me when it's you who's pathetic in the first place?"

"How dare you—" Raising her hand, almost landing a slap on my face, I just looked at her and made her realize where she is, who is seeing us, there's Jeonghan and he saw what she was about to do.

"It'll be your win if you didn't let your pride arouse. This wouldn't happen if you didn't left him and I wouldn't be here, standing and carrying a kid in my womb if you only sticked to your promise." I said and made sure she had a good bite of what I said to her. "Don't you ever worry about that broken promise..."

"I'll be the one to do it and I'll make sure to be someone who's better than you." I said and she chuckled, snapping on herself and sighed, pulling me closer to her and held both of my hands.

"I am sorry, then. I just came here to congratulate you and to tell you how I despised myself after I have realized what I just did to you that day."

"I'm such a coward, a psychopath who only cares about herself, I never thought of someone slapping me like this, letting me ingest my own medicine."

"And I thank you for.. Taking care of him, in my place." She said and smiled, "I went abroad and went back here after my treatment, I have this shitty ass mood swing, or what do I call this? Mental illness.. So I wasn't really in control that day so.. Please.."

"Will you forgive me..?" She asked and there's this feels inside me that kept on irking me.

I know my heart says that I can forgive her but I am too scared to say it because I could feel that there's something bad to it. Damn, my mind is really having a last minute debate.

"I.. I forgive you, Seoyeon."

*

"If she really slapped you, I'll really bury this fork in her right eye." Jeonghan grumpily raised his fork that he's using to eat a piece of cake.

"Settle down, daddy. It's done, we're now okay." I said as I caressed my bump.

"BuT nYoU cANt bE sYurE." He said between his munching of a piece of cake that it almost sounded gibberish.

"I do feel unsure. When she asked me, there's this gut that tells me that if I would forgive her, something will happen so I'm trying hard to be cautious to my sorroundings." I said and he choked on his cake, I quickly handed him a glass of water and it took him awhile before settling down himself.

"I'm really a believer of your guts, momma. It feels like when you said there's something bad that will happen, there really will." He said that made me laugh.

"I don't know either. But still, I wanted to be extra careful after having that sudden gut." I said and was about to stand up when Jeonghan hugged me, burying his face on my neck.

"I will try my best to protect you, I will never let anyone harm you and our baby."

"I promise that—"

"Please don't speak nonsense."

>End...