81

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢. 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 :(
-
-
"Imani I am so tired of telling you this, you can't be acting like those white kids. You don't have that privilege." I told my youngest son who is 18, shaking my head.

"Mom look ,I know okay? It wasn't even my fault, Connor- your white friend?" I asked cutting him off. He slowly nodded his head." What have I told you about hanging around with that kid? He is nothing but trouble."

"You know what I don't even understand, I'm half black half white why don't I get the same privilege as him and mama."

"Because they don't care! They look at you and see a black man and that's all it takes!"

"Then why don't they ask before attacking me for my color?!"

"SON ARE YOU NOT LISTENING?! THEY DO NOT CAR-wow wow what's with the yelling my love?" Cheryl asked in a sweet tone.

"Why don't you ask your son what he did today." He plumped down on the couch shaking his head.

"Babyboy what did you do this time?" She asked as she sit besides him.

"I was with Connor......"

"The racist white boy your mother and I might I add,told you to stop hanging with?"

"His not racist Mama!"

"Do not raise your voice at me, I didn't raise mine. Imani,son he is racist. "

"How?! He has plenty of black of friends he even said- See a racist always says they have plenty black friends to make them seem like their not. To use that as an distraction. "

"Mom is right. When we were in high school there was this white kid who couldn't even look at mom,when she accidentally bumped into him one time he throw a fit and said ugh I cant wear this anymore because a n word touched it."

"And another said they had plenty of black friends and always said the n word as if it wasn't nothing." Imani looked at me as he eyes started to sadden so I sat next to him and held his hand. "Now tell your mama what happened."

"Okay so we were leaving school right and Conner had bags full of weed. He offered me some but of course I said no, he was getting so high he barely could function so I made him pull over so I could drive." He took a deep breath before continuing. "A cop pulled us over asked for license and registration you know all that stuff, he glanced a Conner and could tell he had been smoking. He asked had I done any drugs I said no and so did Conner but then he checked the car.."

"Did Conner tell the officer the drugs were yours? She asked calmly. He slowly nodded his head.

"Mama that officer hit me and threw me on the ground as if I was an animal!!"

"WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me this?" I always feared this for my kids especially with all these innocent people losing their lives just for being black.

"I didn't want you to make a scene."

"Well it's to late for that, don't you think?" He turned his head.

"Why not trying to be mean. You do understand that right?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good now go freshen up for dinner,please." I kissed his forehead and hugged him slightly.

"It's gonna be okay babe." Cheryl said rubbing my sides.

"I don't know. I sure hope so though."