Baking 🧁

Saturday's belonged to y/n. It was just a rule. She'd put up with the team on the weekdays but Saturday belonged to her. It was the one time that the compound would be empty and she'd be able to run around, sing loudly, walk around Bruce's lab, shoot Clints arrows without any objections, but her favourite thing to do was bake. Y/n liked the tranquility of it. It was sacred to her. She'd always bake when she was younger and it made her feel safe. It was the thing she'd use to calm her down after a week of blowing up hydra bases or rescuing civilians from aliens or whatever weird missions the avengers had to go on. Saturday was hers and she loved it. That was until a certain God of Mischief ended up living at the compound and wasn't allowed to leave meaning y/n now had to share her sacred Saturdays with none other than Loki himself.

"It's impolite to stare Loki"

"Don't flatter yourself wench I'm simply making sure you're not poisoning me"

"Poisoning you? Now why would I want to do that" y/n replied sarcastically

"What are you making"

"I'm baking a cake Loki"

"Right"

Loki watched intently as y/n combined all of the ingredients. He found her intriguing. Not that he liked her or anything, he just found her interesting to watch. He loved how her h/c hair would be tied up messily as she'd dance around the kitchen in an oversized hoodie and shorts. She looked so carefree. He'd sometimes find himself smiling at the thought of her going on a mission looking like this. She was the feared y/n. Everyone knew her as being absolutely terrifying but here, right now in this kitchen, she was nothing but beautiful.

Mentally scolding himself for this ridiculous thought, Loki began to speak

"Why do you hate me y/n?"

"Hate you. I don't hate you I just really don't like you"

"Nice" Loki replied clearly looking deflated.

"Look Loki its not you. Saturdays were my day and now I've got to share them looking after you and let's be honest, you're not the best company" she replied jokingly trying to lighten the mood.

Seeing that it wasn't working, y/n started speaking again.

"Every Saturday, me and my sister would bake together. She was always busy doing other things during the week but she made sure that every Saturday she was free so we could bake, relax and just hang out. One Friday night we had an argument and I stormed out of the house. I was walking around the area angrily cursing her under my breath. At the time I didn't know of my power. If I did I wouldn't have said the harsh things I did"

Seeing that she was starting to tear up Loki cut her off.

"You don't have to talk about it y/n"

"After that, I continued the Saturday tradition even if it was by myself. I vowed that every Saturday, regardless of the week I'd had, I'd be happy and bake something. For her. This was all going well until the avengers decided to pin you on me. Now I spend my Saturdays babysitting someone who can barely tolerate being in the same room as me."

"Y/n that's not true and I'm sorry if I've made you feel that it i—"

"Loki you insult me, you undermine me, you—"

"I'm sorry y/n"

And with that, there was silence

After leaving the cake on the side to cool down, y/n started making the icing.

"I don't hate you either"

"Hmm?" y/n replied mixing the icing

"I don't hate you y/n"