Goodbye

Might be a season 2 spoiler

"What just happened?" You asked, breaking the kiss and opening your eyes as you noticed Loki pause for a moment as a strange feeling engulfed you for a second before dissipating. "Loki?" You questioned, eyes narrowing in confusion at his perplexed yet frantic expression.

"I-I know what I have to do" he finally spoke, mostly to himself as he looked past you in thought.

"Loki, what's the matter? What's wrong?" You pleaded, worried now as you held his cheeks in your hands.

"Oh y/n" he began, eyes finally meeting yours as a fond smile spread across his face "how I've missed you" he exhaled before pressing his lips to yours in a passionate kiss. Despite your confusion, considering the fact that you were both in bed where you had been the past hour, you kissed him back with the same enthusiasm. His grip around you tightened as he pulled you flush against him. He barely broke the kiss and when he did, his lips ventured across your face making you smile even more.

"What's gotten into you?" You giggled.

"I just—I need to be close to you right now" he answered sincerely.

There was something almost unreadable about the look in his eyes. He looked mournful, sad. He looked broken, beaten up, fractured. Strangely you felt like this wasn't the same Loki you had been snuggled up in bed with for the past hour, this Loki was subdued, mentally maimed. Only one thing remained, he was yours.

"I'm here" you answered, kissing him "I'm here" you repeated as he chased the kiss "I'm here Loki" you affirmed as he gently pushed you back against the bed, not breaking the kiss as he positioned himself above you, caging you between him and the bed almost protectively. His tongue moved against yours languidly as if he was savoring the kiss, like you didn't have millions more to come.

It didn't take long for him to line himself up with your entrance before pushing inside of you slowly, both of you panting against each other as he entered you. He was still, enjoying the feeling of your walls gripping him as he sucked against your tongue. You widened your legs, lifting your hips a little telling him he could move but he didn't, he stayed like that, kissing you.

"Why does this feel like goodbye?" You eventually asked as he kissed your forehead. Instead of answering, Loki moved his hips, thrusting in and out of you as you clung onto him, one of your arms around his back.

Your words were forgotten between moans and praises as Loki fucked you. He felt so near, so intimate. If his lips were not against yours they were on your neck. You could hear the headboard hitting the wall, a sign that Loki was growing desperate, that he was close. Baring his teeth, Loki closed his eyes as he chased his pleasure feeling your walls tighten around his length.

"I'm so close, don't stop" you begged, reaching your climax as it tore through you, leaving you shaking as Loki continued to move.

"I love you" he averred as he reached his peak, movements stilling as he came inside of you.

The feeling of something dripping onto your cheek caused you to open your eyes before you realised it was a tear. Loki's tear. Suddenly your bygone words met your lips again.

"Why does this feel like goodbye?" You asked again, on the verge of tears yourself at his emotion.

"Because I have to protect you y/n, I have to protect everyone" he cleared his throat, biting down his emotion.

"No, Loki, please" you pleaded sadly "please?"

"I'm so sorry, I love you, always" he tried to smile, albeit sadly as you began to fade away, nothing but embers.