Needle in a haystack

Today was the day. Loki was finally returning home from Midgard. Excitedly, you jumped out of bed and bathed ensuring that you used the most fragrant of essential oils. The thought of Loki complimenting your scent made you giggle to yourself. That's what he always did, he'd stand behind you in front of the mirror and lightly trail his hands over your body as his lips came into contact with your neck. Every delicate touch left you sighing contently as if it was the first time you had ever been touched. He'd take a moment to praise how sweet you smelt ensuring that next time he smelt you, only the fragrance of him and your love lingered.

Last time you had properly seen Loki, he ensured that he'd bed you "proper and thorough" once he was back in Asgard and today you were hoping that he'd fulfil that promise.

Joyfully you made your way down towards the breakfast buffet which had somehow tripled in size from what it usually was every morning. You sat with the queen sharing your joint elation that Loki was finally returning. She was of course happy that both princes would be back in Asgard but you didn't much care for Thor beyond polite greetings and the few times that your encounters would go beyond a simple hello. The person you were really excited to see was your trickster, practically itching for it.

Once the king had gotten word that the princes had finally arrived back in Asgard, you were the first to squeal as you rushed towards the palace entrance and waited for them to arrive. You didn't have to wait long as the sound of two horses galloping came into focus. Suddenly you felt nervous as if this was the first time you had seen Loki. As soon as your eyes fell on his face you could tell he was already grinning. His inky locks, although slightly longer now, were almost trailing behind him as he cut through the air on Sleipnir who you had had the pleasure of looking after whilst he was away. Once he reached you, you tried to contain your eagerness to finally hug him as he greeted his parents, seemingly also doing the same as he glanced at you before quickly looking away.

"Lady y/n." Thor greeted with a wide smile, picking your hand up as he quickly kissed it.

"Hello Thor, welcome home." You smiled back at him before he passed you.

"Inamorata." Loki purred, kneeling down as he picked up your other hand before bringing your index finger to his lips and taking it into his mouth as his eyes focused on yours.

"Lokii." You gasped, aware of his parents behind him luckily not focusing on his actions. Slowly releasing your finger, Loki turned your hand over before placing a kiss on your palm. "Hello darling." He finished, standing to his feet as Frigga made her way towards you both.

"You and Thor take the horses back and then join us for the rest of breakfast." She instructed. Loki stood next to you, hand finding your lower back before he moved it lower and lower before squeezing.

"No need!" You jumped, looking at Thor who had begun to lead his horse "I'll take yours."

"Are you sure I don't mind—" Thor began.

"Y/n said she'd do it brother." Loki interrupted "I'm sure she's perfectly capable of riding, in fact, I'm certain."

You swatted his side as you continued looking innocently at Thor who then allowed you to take his horse.

"You are most kind." Thor nodded curtly.

"Do hurry, the chefs have prepared your favourite." Frigga spoke before you and Loki began to make your ways towards the stables.

"So they've served my y/n on a platter have they." Loki smirked, walking alongside you with his horse.