With age cums experience

"W-what?" You uttered, tears threatening to spill, dampening your cheeks, causing you further embarrassment.

"We're too young to be in love." Peter protested, continuing his earlier point of you both breaking up.

"We're twenty one." You shouted, anger rippling through you now.

"Exactly." He nodded as you huffed incredulously.

"You know what Peter, fuck you." You finished, digging your finger pointedly into his chest as you spoke before storming away. Once you were certain you were far enough out of his eyesight, you rummaged through your bag, searching for your phone. Tears began blurring your vision as you sniffled, wiping your face with the back of your hand. You stopped your walking, allowing yourself time to take a deep breath as you unlocked your phone, swiping through your contacts. Finding Isabella's number saved as Bella🖤, you called it, putting the phone to your ear. You were greeted by the dial tone as you began to shake, your legs cold. Looking down, you felt even more ashamed, you were in a dress, a dress that you had bought specifically for this date with Peter thinking that today he was finally going to say those three words back to you. I love you. Three words that had ruined your life.

Hey this is Bella, sorry I can't come to the phone right now, leave a message

You sighed hearing Bella's answering machine before hanging up and dialing again only to be met by the same thing. Beginning to cry again, you decided you'd go to her apartment considering you were only a short walk away and needed to be with someone right now. When you reached, you let yourself into the main building with the spare key she insisted you keep before making your way to her front door. You knocked, waited no more than two seconds for a response and then let yourself in.

"Bella?" You called, walking inside and noticing that some of the lights were on. "Bella? You better not be having sex." You cringed, yelping when you collided with someone's chest.

"Relax, it's only me." The stranger's velvety voice sounded as they held your shoulders steadying you. It took you a moment to realise who it was as you stepped backwards, looking up at Bella's dad. Like her he had almost shoulder length obsidian hair, shortened by curls, faultless alabaster skin, lustrous emerald green eyes and thin lips slightly curled upwards into an all too familiar grin.

"Oh, hi Mr Laufe—"

"How many times have I told you, it's Loki" he interrupted "Bella isn't here right now, she's staying at her mothers for the weekend" he explained "I said I'd come round and fix a few things." He smiled, gesturing to the utility belt he had strapped around his waist. You glanced down at it, swallowing thickly as you noticed his shirt rising up slightly exposing a little bit of his happy trail. Following your gaze, he continued to speak. "Yeah, a few light bulbs and a leaky sink."

"Well—um—I'll just be." You began to turn, tearing your gaze away from the teasing hair.

"Have you been crying?" He questioned concerned, pausing you as he held your arm lightly.

"No." You quickly answered, flushed and embarrassed.

"Y/n, are you alright?" He asked, dropping his head slightly to meet your downcast gaze.

"I'm fine." You lied again.

"What did you come here to tell Bella?" He queried, assuming it had something to do with why you were crying.

"You're not going to let this go are you?" You deflated a little.

"Absolutely not." He agreed.