Earth Angel

Drinks, laughter and of course charitable donations were passed through the gala. The sound of a live orchestra could be heard over the noise of the talkative crowd. The event consisted of some of the most wealthiest people as well as the Avengers who were not also guests but doubled up as Tony's security. For someone so rich, you often teased him about how cheap he could be considering the fact that none of you were getting paid to ensure everyone's safety tonight. You assumed it just came with the territory. You spent most of the night with Bucky and Natasha, often exchanging glances with Loki who seemed to have been getting along with some of the guests. You cut your eye at him seeing him dancing with one of the other females as he held her. Despite the fact that she was probably 80 and that you and Loki weren't together, you found yourself feeling exceedingly jealous at their close proximity. He was yours.

You danced the night away with your own flock of men in the hopes that Loki felt as covetous as you did but alas, he simply gave you a small, daring smile whenever your eyes met.

As oblivious as you were, Loki felt his heart breaking whenever you linked arms with a man that wasn't him. Something as small as a chuckle exchanged between you and one of the pathetic men who ogled you sent him reeling. He calmed himself, he had to, he was at a charity event but he wanted to toss you over his shoulder and leave this ghastly place. He wanted to escape with you. He wanted to finally admit exactly how it was he felt about you. It was so clear, clear as day in his mind but the idea of you rejecting him sent him in a downwards spiral of self doubt leaving him unable to speak the three words he so desperately wanted you to hear.

I love you

"You should tell her brother." Thor advised Loki, tapping his back as he settled at the bar alongside Loki who was watching you.

"I can't, it'll only make things awkward between us. I highly doubt she reciprocates my feelings." Loki argued, turning to look at Thor.

"You should tell her before it's too late Loki, and I wouldn't be so sure." Thor smiled knowingly as he watched you bidding farewell to one of the guests before making your way towards Loki.

"Hey Loki, Thor." You greeted, standing between them as you ordered yourself a drink.

"Y/n, how's your night going so far? No less than perfect I hope." Thor smiled.

"It's going wonderful, even managed to snag a few cute guys numbers." You mentioned, wanting to gauge Lokis reaction. His jaw clenched but he remained silent.

"Well it seems I'm needed elsewhere. Enjoy the rest of your evening." Thor bid, kissing you on the cheek before he left you with Loki.

"So, how's your evening going? Any hot dates?" You teased, as you turned to face Loki who seemed dazed as he stared at you. His eyes scanned your face, mapping your features as if this was the first time he had ever seen you. His gaze left you feeling flustered yet you couldn't look away from him. You wanted to lean up and kiss him, properly, not the quick kisses you exchanged during intercourse but a slow, sensual kiss exchanged between lovers. What you'd give to have Loki feel the same way about you that you do him. You snapped out of your thoughts, blinking as you turned away only to look back at Loki who was still looking at you. Reaching for you, he tucked a few strands of fallen hair behind your ear before using one of his fingers under your chin to tilt you face upwards. He had to do it, he had to admit how he felt. You looked too perfect tonight for him to miss this opportunity. He opened his mouth to speak but the sound of, or lack of, music stopping caught everyone's attention.

Looking towards the orchestra, you noticed a few of them fumbling over their instruments. You blamed the free bar on how they were acting. You saw Tony flagging down Loki who quickly stood before making his way towards Tony without so much as a goodbye.