Selfish kind of love

"Sorry, if you'll just excuse me for a moment." You spoke politely to your date whose name you felt rude to ask for again as you stood up from your chair.

"Of course." He answered as you smiled curtly before making your way to the restroom before making a beeline to the exit when you were sure he was no longer looking at you. Angrily, you stormed into the alley next to the restaurant.

"Loki! Loki! I know you're here, just show yourself." You shouted out, furious that Loki had interrupted your date. Moments later, you felt him behind you as you quickly spun to face him. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" You accused, poking his chest with your finger.

"Ensuring you weren't on a date with an oddball" he answered, seemingly amused by your outrage "who I now know isn't an oddball by the way, just very very dull."

"Loki." You gasped.

"He's very boring y/n, and here I was thinking you liked your men a little more stimulating, callous." He smirked, causing you to roll your eyes.

"Why do you even care? What does it matter to you who I date?"

"I don't and it doesn't." He lied, stepping closer towards you until your bodies were pretty much touching. "I just—" he began, closing his mouth as he looked down at you, eyes traveling across the exposed skin of your neck, your chest, the beating of your heart before settling on your eyes "you look very nice tonight is all."

"That's it? You stalk me and my date to compliment me" you huffed "Loki just go, please."

"Okay." He uttered in response, both of you standing still as you looked at one another.

"Go." You repeated, just above a whisper this time as you both continued falling into the pools of one another's eyes.

"No." He answered, pressing his lips to yours. You reciprocated the kiss, your lips parting as his tongue slipped past them. His hands claimed your body as he pinned you to the wall, his hand on your back softening the impact. You kissed each other messily, feverishly, barely breaking for breath as Loki pressed his hips against yours. His lips left yours, choosing to explore your neck instead as you rested your head back against the wall. You could feel him hardening as he pressed his bulge against you, lips finding yours again. His hands moved down the back of your body, squeezing your ass before they reached the back of your thighs. He pulled you up, positioning himself between your legs as he continued kissing you. His hand ventured between your thighs before you moaned, feeling his fingers slide beneath your panties before circling your clit. You were thankful you were in a dress as he continued his movements against your clit whilst sucking your tongue reminding you of all the times he had performed that same action only lower. Moments later, he was freeing his erection before guiding himself to your slick entrance and thrusting inside. You felt every ridge and every vein as he entered you deeper, filling you completely. He barely gave you time to adjust to his size before he was moving in and out of you, his cock already coated in your arousal. The back of your dress rode up a little as you moved against the wall, Loki fucking into you. He sped his movements, trying to bite down his own guttural moans as you fucked in the alley like foxes.

"I should have said before but—" he spoke, gritting his teeth as he thrusted deeper before pausing "I love you." He finished, looking at you.

"You're not in love with me Loki Laufeyson" you began, moving his hair out of his face "you're in love with the version of me you get to fuck. It's not love, it's lust. We'll never be more than this, back alley hookups and sneaking around." You finished.

"You're wrong." He insisted, pulling out of you before thrusting deeply again making you hiss in pleasure. "I just told you I love you." He argued, pulling out and thrusting in again.

"Fuckk." You moaned.

"The least you could do is indulge me for a moment."

"H-how?" You stuttered, swimming in bliss.

"Say it back, even if you don't mean it, even if this is all we are." He answered, circling his hips, grinding into you.

"Fine—I—ughh" you moaned, the new sensation leaving you speechless.

"Go on." Loki smirked, still grinding into you.

"Gosh, that feels really good." You near whimpered, Loki nodding. "I love you." You 'indulged him'.

"Good girl." He grinned, fucking you with haste again.

"Fuckk—I loveee you." You almost screamed as he kept hitting that perfect spot.

"Y/n?"

Your eyes rounded as you heard his voice, remembering you were on a date. You turned towards him apologetically.

"Fuck." You spoke as he gasped before turning to leave. "Wait, wait." You called after him, Loki silencing you with a kiss. "Why would you do that?" You questioned, breaking it.

"Because you don't need him, you love me." He smirked.

"Fuck sake" you sighed "get out of me." You ordered, pushing Loki away as he lowered you.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to save my date." You answered, pulling your dress down.

"Why won't you just let this be?" Loki demanded, fixing his appearance.

"Because I can't, we can't." You answered.

"Why? Why not?" He delved, holding your face in his hands. "Why won't you just allow yourself this? Why are you so scared?" He continued to interrogate as you remained silent. "What are you so afraid of!"

"Loving you to lose you." You exclaimed, a tear rolling down your cheek as Loki let go of you.

"Y/n."

"You will always try to protect me, and Thor, and anyone on your team and I can't love you if you're going to do the sacrifice play at any given chance. I don't want to admit that if I love you, I need you to be selfish. I need you to be alive, here, with me but that can't happen because we're avengers, sacrifice is what we do, survival isn't guaranteed" you sniffled, reaching up to cup his cheek "so we can continue being this, back alleys and sneaking around but that is all. I need you to understand that. I need you to—"

"I understand" he interrupted, "but I still love you y/n" he smiled mirthlessly, wiping your tears "selfishly, wholeheartedly, forever whether or not you allow yourself to love me back." He finished, kissing your cheek.