Desicions

You didn't want to be alone. You hated being alone. Alone here left you thinking back to the horrific night that had changed your life. The night that branded you a victim caught in the crossfire of things that didn't concern you. The night that showed you that despite how many gods and super soldiers you surrounded yourself with, you were mortal, very mortal. Your time here was no more than a heartbeat to the likes of Thor, evidence that there was a future after the war to the likes of Steve and and Bucky, and a reminder that despite how long and tiresome missions could be, it was always for the greater good to Natasha and Stark. In the grand scheme of things, you were insignificant. That night reminded you of that fact. You never wanted to be alone again yet you found yourself craving your own solitary company right now as you stood in front of Loki.

"HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU?" he yelled, causing you to take a step backwards from him.

"Love?" You snickered "love? LOVE? ARE YOU CRAZY?" You replied, matching his tone as you glared at him.

"You can question my sanity, but don't for one second dare question my love for you." he warned, sternly as he looked down at you. You kept eye contact for a few moments, reading the truth in his eyes before you looked away, running your fingers through your hair in thought.

"Why couldn't you have loved me first?" you asked in a quieter tone, still avoiding his gaze.

"I did" he opined.

"You didn't, you wanted me first. Love came afterwards Loki." you exhaled, shaking your head as you bit the inside of your cheek. There was a pregnant pause filling the void until Loki cleared his throat, straightening himself as he looked from you to past you as if he was trying to assert some form of dominance.

"What does he do that I can't?" he asked, trying to keep his unwavering voice even.

"Stephen treats me good. He loves me good Loki." you confessed, once again looking at him.

"Good? You're giving up on what we had for good? What I granted you was rapture. Don't forget how you'd sing my name in a pleasure filled frenzy. We fucked with passion, affection, ardour. We could have it all again. My desire for you is burning, my love for you is never ending. I've made mistakes in the past and it seems it's taken loosing you for me to realise it." he professed, stepping towards you as he placed his hand on your cheek and began drawing small circles with his thumb causing you to close your eyes almost instinctively. "I want—no will to be better for you, let me show you. Don't throw me away for 'good'.

You stood, eyes closed as Loki caressed your cheek. You couldn't deny how much you had missed him like this with you. Opening himself up, being vulnerable, letting you in, telling the truth. You could see it, feel it, he was being sincere but the memories of everything that happened between you both reverberated in your mind. The good, the bad, the elation, the bliss, the nights spent reading together, sleeping together, the deceit, the possessiveness, it caused you to turn your head away from him as you opened your eyes.

"This isn't love Loki, it's infatuation." you murmured, looking up at him as his expression changed.

"And what is it you have with the sorcerer? You think that's love?" he asked making you once again look to the floor. "Oh, you do." he snickered.

"Loki, just leave me alone."

"I want to, but I can't do that." he said, tilting your chin upwards. He lowered himself down to you, brushing his lips against yours.

"Go" you uttered.

"If I go, I'll be truly gone. You really want that? I can't live in a realm with you and you're not mine."

Mine

His confession pulled you back to reality as you opened your eyes only to close them again as his lips caught yours in a heated kiss. His hands ran over the sides of your body as he pulled you flush against him. One of your hands found the back of his neck as you deepened the kiss. Gripping your waist, Loki lifted you up and you instantly wrapped your legs around him.

"Say it. Tell me to go one final time and I'll leave." he panted, breaking the kiss as he looked into your eyes, awaiting the answer.

"Stephen" you whispered, hearing the familiar sound of a portal opening up behind you.

A/N: stupid oneshot I wrote based on the amazingggg fic by Writingliv on Ao3 omgg check it outtt it's called The sorcerer the god and the devils advocate I've been reading it since last September and it's just finishedddddd