Chapter 2

Lucas

It had been too much.
Holding Luna's body like this in his arms reminded him of when they had been attacked in Keene and she almost died.
But this time, she wasn't dying.

This time, it was just too much for her. Everything that happened with her parents tonight, the fighting, the decisions she had to make, all the things that must have gone through her head. It was too much and Tresha did hit her hard with that attack.

"She'll be fine," Lucas told the others. His thumb gently stroked her cheek. His other arm lay around her waist, holding her body against his chest. Luna was still unconscious, but her breathing had picked up again and was strong now. She would wake up on her own.

He turned his head to look up at the others. They were lighted by the flashlights of their cellphones. When Luna fell unconscious, her light died too.
"You're sure, she's not hurt?" Reyna reassured herself.
"If she was hurt, I would rush her to a hospital," Lucas answered. "I think she hit her head a little hard and tonight was a lot. She should wake up in a while." That seemed to be enough for Reyna.

"Is it possible that we spent that time somewhere else?" Emma asked, "I'm scared they come back and we're two down."
"She's right, we should leave as long as we can. I'm sure Jackson is going to be thrilled to hear about tonight," Wyatt said with a grin at Lucas.

He groaned. He had totally forgotten about Jackson and he did not want to think about the lecture that was waiting for him.
"Shut up and pick up the boy," he ordered Wyatt.
Lucas lifted Luna in his arms and headed for the door.

"Where will we go?" Natalie asked.
"To our place," Lucas suggested, though he wasn't sure how long that place would be safe.
The girls let Wyatt and him to the car.

...

"I can carry you," Lucas offered as he opened the car door to get out.
Both, Luna and the boy had woken up on the ride back. The boy was totally fine, but Luna was a little weak.

"I'll be fine," she told him and got out of the car. He followed her close by and put his arm loosely around her shoulders in case she fell.
They entered the apartment last and Lucas closed the door shut behind him. He sighed annoyed when he already heard his brother make out with some random girl.

The noises came from the living room, which annoyed Lucas even more. The look Wyatt gave him said more than enough. Not again. And why on the couch?
"The party's over, Ash," Lucas called to his step brother. Asher was kneeling shirtless on the sofa, his pants open. A blondine was under him. She was also shirtless, but at least wore a bra. Her hands were on Asher's cock.

"Maybe we should have gone to my apartment," Natalie said.
Luna rested her head on Lucas's shoulder. When he looked down, her eyes were closed.
He brushed a strand of her brown hair behind her ear and kept his hand on her cheek. "Let's get you some water. That might help."

He lead her to the open kitchen and helped her sit on one of the barstools around the isle.
Lucas heard Asher getting up and telling the girl to leave as he filled a glass with water for Luna.
"Yeah, I'm not gonna sit there."
"Let's just go to the kitchen," Wyatt sighed.

Lucas left Luna with the others to get the first-aid kit. When he returned, Wyatt, the boy, and the girls sat on the barstools around the isle. Asher, decently clothed, stood on one end of it, Lucas went to Luna on the other end.

He silently took off the cloth from her arm to clean the wound.
Luna was wrong, it was not just a small cut and it was still bleeding. It wasn't too long, but it was deep and it would leave a faint scar.

"What the hell happened to you guys?" Asher asked. "And, Lucas, when did you make a kid. Here I was thinking you would never find a girl, but there you are with what a seven year old?" Asher joked. Lucas ignored him and cleaned the wound with alcohol. Luna hissed as it stung.