Chapter 16

Lucas

"How was Christmas with Luna?" Jackson asked when Lucas entered his office on Monday morning. Jackson had requested him to come in since he wanted to discuss a few matters for the mission. He had told him to bring Luna, but she had to work so Lucas would inform her later when she came to the ARIA to train with Caleb and him.

"Beautiful." Yesterday was basically his first Christmas Eve and Luna had somehow made it to be magical. She had prepared his favourite food along with chocolate cake and cupcakes. She had made biscuits and a few other things and she had done them all by herself for him.
He never had something like that. Someone wanting to make him happy like this and cooking his favourite things and only caring about him.

He had felt loved and Luna had admitted later that night that she had wanted exactly that. Lucas to understand that she loved him, that he was loved and worth of being loved. He hadn't been able to say anything. The only thing he did was look at her and softly smile, wondering to himself how he had deserved to meet her.

They had eaten dinner, talking about everything and anything, but their parents and the mission. They had laughed a lot and Luna had made him try all the pastries, saying he had to since she had spend hours making them just for him. She had also shown him the cake and cupcakes she had made for Reyna and Lucas had to admit that she had a talent for it.

They had facetimed with the others for an hour, wishing them a merry Christmas and just chatting. After that, they had exchanged presents. Luna had gotten him a new watch, the watch he had wanted to buy when they had been shopping a while ago. She had also made him Open when letters telling him it was for the case she wasn't there.

Lucas had arrived with roses and daisies for her. He had also bought a beautiful necklace with a crescent moon. They had met on a crescent moon for the very first time, so it was special to him just like she was special.

The rest of the night went perfect. Lucas had chosen a movie for them to watch. They had eaten the sweets and cuddled while doing so. Half way through the second movie, Luna had started to stroke her fingers over his chest and one thing had led to the other.

The last thing he wanted to do this morning was to get up and go to work and Luna had agreed with him, putting her head on his bare chest and closing her eyes.

Last night had been perfect, though every second he spent with her felt perfect.
It felt amazing, and that's what scared him. The thought of losing it because one thing was clear, he would never love anyone like he loved Luna. She changed his life so much to the better and losing her was not an option.

Sometimes everything felt so unreal and he was scared to wake up and see that everything had been a dream. That one day she would't be there and he would fall back into the feelings that he felt before.

"How was Christmas with Caleb?" Jackson had spend the day with Caleb, they hadn't wanted him to be at the ARIA when most of the agents weren't there. It was too dangerous, especially when Malcolm should attack to get to Caleb. Also, Caleb was a child and never witnessed Christmas, they wanted him to have a little fun and don't think about what was about to come.

"We had fun. I showed him around and took him to the market. He enjoyed it a lot," Jackson told him. Lucas smirked, imagining the big, bulky Jackson walking through the Christmas market with a little child on his hand. It might look weird, but Jackson was good with kids.

"You would be a good father," Lucas told him. Jackson raised his eyebrows at that comment.
"I'm not sure about that."
"You did good with me," Lucas argued. "You just need a wife. Why exactly are you unmarried?" Lucas took the seat in front of Jackson, sensing that this meeting would take a little longer.