Chapter 66

Luna

"I am amazed by what you did," Mrs. Leora praised, clapping her hands together. The brunette woman in her fifties was here to pick up her father's birthday cake. Her father had asked for a simple black and silver cake and Mrs. Leora gave her only that.

A simple black and silver cake with a cake topper saying happy birthday and matching number candles, her father was turning seventy five. Luna had a lot of freedom to do whatever she wanted with the cake and she ended up icing it entirely black, letting white chocolate drip down on a little part of the cake with some pearls in between, silver leafs across the front of the cake and cake balls covered in silver fondant on the side and on the top of the cake, where she had also placed silver pearls on it. Everything topped with silver candles and a round, silver cake topper that spelled 'Happy Birthday' in the middle.

"I was really concerned about how it would look, but you did a phenomenal job," Mrs. Leora said again, smiling brightly and conveying that energy to Luna.
"Thank you. I will quickly pack it up for you."

Twenty minutes later Mrs. Leora had paid and left with the cake, leaving a big tip for her, and Luna finished decorating three sheets of red velvet cupcakes. She went to the vitrine with one of the sheets and put six of the cupcakes in. She switched the sheets with the chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. She had six of each and already finished decorating them before Mrs. Leora came.

Then, she went back to the corner, where she always worked, and started packing the remaining cupcakes in a box to be picked up later.
Finishing two boxes, she stemmed her hands into the counter exhausted and let her gaze wander through the room.

It was a rather quiet night and they had rush hour already passed them. Reyna was serving the tables and took over the cash register when someone came so Luna could finish all the orders in time.

Her eyes stopped on Lucas, who sat at a table with a cup of coffee and a croissant, for once nothing had chocolate in it, and worked on the mission. He had been sitting at the café at her working hours ever since the incident. Monday had been the only exception and there he made sure Emma would stay with her and Wyatt was on speed dial to come and help if needed.

She only found out about it afterwards, but she should've expected it. Lucas had been extra protective and alert when it came to her. And though he had not pushed her to talk again, her mind was focusing barely on anything else than it.

Luna had time to sit down and face her feelings, understand what she was really feeling and what not. It was all just so much and it was getting so hard to keep it all in and not scream. Sometimes she felt like that. Like screaming it all out, and she had. Screamed into her pillow and cried all night yesterday. She had been just so overwhelmed by it all and couldn't keep it in.

Yet, she had told Reyna nothing about it when she came to Luna's apartment at two a.m. and spend until the morning distracting her. Luna had called her after she couldn't take it anymore and Reyna had not wasted a second to get over. They had spend the rest of the night cuddled up on her sofa, watching movies and talking about everything but that. It felt carefree, it felt like old times when it was only them two and it was good.

Not that she didn't love Emma, Natalie, Wyatt and Lucas, but with Reyna she shared a special bond that went so much deeper. It was like sisterhood, but better, and nothing could shake it.
Nothing could rip them apart. The only reason Luna told her nothing about it was because she still hadn't felt ready.

But she had realized one more thing, she really needed to talk about it. It didn't really matter to whom. She would likely tell the others once she talked to one of them. Her eyes had stayed fixed on Lucas while she was in thoughts, she was sure he could feel it.