Chapter 7

Lucas 

Exhausted Lucas fell onto the chair in his office and started the computer. He wanted to find Sam and Tresha, though it got harder. He had been tracking their credit card bills and the two cars they had used to pick up the six people.

The cars had been a death end since they had been borrowed. But their credit card bills had given away their location. However, when he had gone there with Jackson and Charlie to check out the situation, they had to find that it was only those two and the others were not with them.

They had used the credit cards to buy plane tickets to Europe. The flight had departed for three days ago, and Lucas had made sure that agents and the airport security was looking for them. They never checked in and they never arrived in Europe, they never even entered the airport. He was certain of that.

Unfortunately for him, they had withdrawn all the money from their accounts. He couldn't track them through that anymore. He was left with their cells, which were turned on and off repeatedly. It was frustrating.

Especially, because he could think of better ways to spend his Friday evening. Taking Luna out would be a good start, she needed to do something else than just study, work, and train. He would've taken her out tonight if she hadn't had to work.

After college, he had gone home and studied with Wyatt before he dropped him off at the garage for work and then drove to the headquarters. He had gone straight to training with Caleb. Jackson, Nicholas, and Charlie as well as a handful of chosen agents had started training with Caleb too.

Lucas had to admit that it was fun to watch Jackson struggle for once and not be so swift in his movements and fighting. He, on the other side, was getting along well and could actually fight Caleb. The training was the reason why he was so exhausted right now.

Still, he sat down and started working.
Twenty minutes later he leaned back in his chair, threw his head back, and groaned frustrated. He was unable to get anywhere, it was worse than running in circles. Closing his eyes, he let calm spread through him. Everything he couldn't deal with was pushed to the back of his mind.

Lucas thought about Luna.
He thought about what to get her for Christmas.
She had asked him about celebrating Christmas together on Tuesday. He had honestly told her that he never celebrated Christmas before and that he hadn't thought about it since for him it was only a holiday that passed.

Lucas had also told her that he would love to celebrate it with her and it was true. He had to smile at how nervous she had been when she asked, but how could he ever refuse her something that brought her joy.

He already had a few ideas, but he couldn't settle on something yet, and he should probably get it latest next week. He would find something and Wyatt wanted to give Emma something too now, so they would go look together.

Someone knocked on his door, he called them in. Probably Jackson trying to escape Charlie again. It was not Jackson.
Luna slipped into his office, surprising him since he hadn't expected her to come. Even more as he hadn't picked up her sweet scent mixed with the scent of roses. That was due to him thinking about her, he realized.

"Hey. Don't you have work in an hour?" He wanted to get up, but she was already on her way and leaned against the table next to him. He turned in the chair and looked up to her.
"I do. I wanted to talk to you before." She took off her back and dropped a file on his desk.
"What's that?" he asked confused. His hands already opened the file to read what was inside.

"It's your mother's case," she told him and he froze in his movements. Lucas focused back on her, she was biting her lip, and he could imagine why.
"How did you get this?" It was more curiosity than madness or anger.