Chapter 24

Luna

"Okay. Thank you for taking the time," Luna ended the phone call.
After they had left Matthew's place, they had gone to the house on the right, but the current owners moved there only about half a year ago, so they didn't know the Jonas. With a little bit of Lucas help, they found out who lived there before and had called them.

Unfortunately, they had barely anything to do with the Jonas. The only thing they were able to tell them was that they had been nice people and disappeared over night. They had also recognized that less people than usual came over to them.

Luna looked over to Lucas, who was leaning against the glass door. They had returned to the hotel and she had stepped outside on the balcony to make the phone call.
"It's not adding up," she declared and he nodded. Lucas was deep in thought thinking about the information they got today.

The Jonas were intelligent people coming from good families. Even though the financial crisis took their jobs they had their parents who were more than able to help them financially. So, how by the angels, did they end up with the Black Stitch?

"They definitely joined during that period and considering what their friends told us about them it was likely not willingly," Lucas concluded.
"Why is my case much more complicated than yours? Can't we just change cases and I take care of yours?" Lucas chuckled soundly at her complaining and smiled.

Taking the few steps to her, he placed his hands on her hips, pulled her against his body and connected their foreheads. His hot breath hit her face.
"I don't want you doing my case. It's way more dangerous. You'll be facing actual criminals who are ready to kill and won't spare you. I couldn't take it if something happened to you," he whispered against her lips.

"I'm going to help you with it tomorrow," she reminded him and looking up into his green eyes.
"I know, but I'm with you and if it was your case, you would do things alone and get into trouble without knowing you will. I did more than once before."
"Fine, but what should I do now?"

"Sleep a night or two over it and then look at it again. Until then, keep your sweet mind of it."
"Any ideas how to do that?" Her heartbeat increased, her whole body heated up as she felt the tension between them. Lucas' soft touch on her hips was burning hot, became worse once his fingertips slipped under the blouse and touched her bare skin.

"I know a few to keep your mind occupied." With every word his lips brushed against hers, giving her a taste of what a kiss would feel like.
"Want to tell me?" Another brush against his lips.
"I rather show you." Finally, his lips were on hers, letting her taste them.

His scent, reminding her of a windy spring day, surrounded her, comforted her as did the warmth coming from his body.
She could taste the coffee he had drunk a short while ago, taste that and how his lips melted against hers.

Her hands wandered up his firm chest, feeling the soft fabric of his shirt. She wished it was gone, wished her fingers touched his bare skin, followed his muscles. She enjoyed doing that way too much.

That affectionate kiss turned passionate when she pulled his lower lip with her teeth. A smirk played on Lucas' lips before he opened his mouth a little, inviting her tongue in and stroking the side of it with his.

His hands drawing circles on her bare skin made her forget where she was. Made her crave more. She pulled back, catching her breath. "Maybe we should take this inside," he said.
"But it's so pretty out here." She looked over her shoulder, mesmerized by the skyline and the lights of the city.

"It is. But you are breathtaking." He slowly took steps backwards, pulling her with him.
"Being charming again?"
"Only for you." His tone low with lust.