Chapter 65

Lucas

Lucas fell into the car door when Charlie took a sharp turn.
Police sirens sounded around them. The blue light fell onto the dark streets and buildings as they drove by in a speed that was illegal.

In front of them two black Audi cars, one of them holding Malcolm, Kane, and the Jones, the other holding three men and the Jonas.
They arrived in Baynard Village after chasing them through half of the city from the hospital. Behind them were Jackson and Nicholas in another black SUV.

Since they arrived in Delaware Monday morning, Lucas had done nothing but follow Malcolm and his gang all through New Castle and Wilmington, trying to get a step ahead of them. 

They had immediately spoken to the local police and looked at the video footage of the airport security. That footage was the reason why they flew to Delaware in the first place. A chance to catch Malcolm.

On the footage they saw him and his gang enter the state from different flights shortly after each other, leaving separately. That is where the trail disappeared, but it gave them a lead.

They spend hours contemplating his next move, where he had gone, how, what he could want here. They had spoken to Emma and Luna too, questioning whether Malcolm could want anything relating the legend here. They were one hundred percent sure that there was nothing in Delaware.

Finally, they managed to figure out where he lived and went there, storming the place and coming face to face with Malcolm. There had been a fight, but he had also spoken to them.
Malcolm's words where still in his mind.

'People like you are... interesting. You never have to work for anything, it's all put in your lap without you ever lifting a finger. No worries, no problems. Why?' The smirk he had given them when they had stood in front of him, gun pointed at him. Kane right beside him, the mistake they had overseen and would never do again.

'Honestly, they deserve what is coming their way. 2.30 a.m. Be quick, the clock is ticking.' A promise for blood shed. Nothing less. He disappeared right in front of them in the next second. They had them, but they escaped. It couldn't happen another time.

Back at the police station they drew on every resource to figure out where the attack could take place. It hadn't taken them long to realize Malcolm was talking about race rather than class. It had been the police officers' first assumption as Malcolm had focused on Lucas while speaking.

Lucas came from a higher class and Malcolm appeared white, it was easily forgotten that he was black.

Nicholas' research had given them an explanation for Malcolm's motivation. However, though Nicholas' research had been time consuming, it was limited. Simply because there was barely any information on him, he did a good job covering it up and leaving no paper trail. It was almost as if he never existed.

They had extended the research, had found a little more.
And a lot more about his mother. Her details weren't as hidden as his and they managed to pinpoint the attack about forty-five minutes prior. A hospital in Wilmington where Malcolm's mother had been admitted for her cancer and dismissed from shortly after. They couldn't treat her, the cancer was too advanced.

They had called in S.W.A.T., reinforced security measures, and speeded over there as fast as they could. Malcolm had managed to enter the hospital, but they were still able to get him out of there before any harm could come to the patients and doctors. Panic had still erupted.
Malcolm and his gang fled the scene, bringing them to now.

Charlie came closer to them and then took a sharp right turn.
"They're heading towards the Presbyterian Church," he heard an officer speak through the headset. Charlie took another sharp turn.