Chapter 51

Lucas

"I knew you were rich, but not like I live in a mansion rich," Luna exclaimed when they walked up the pathway to the front door of his old home.
Lucas made a laughing sound. "It's  not a mansion. More like a big house," he disagreed. The way she looked at him told him she didn't believe him.

"It's a mansion," Luna declared.
"Alright, it's a mansion," he agreed and opened the door. Lucas made a hand movement to invite her in. "May the princess be welcomed." She laughed at him and walked inside.

"Lucas, I didn't think about it before, but won't your father have some kind of servants to clean this house," she voiced her concerns. He closed the door and stepped behind her.
"They always have off when no one's home. And if, I tell them I needed something and came by." She nodded to show that she got it.

They stood on the marble floor in the entrance hall. The interior was held in a black and white design. The pictures, flowers, and decor where all thanks to his stepmother.
He wondered how his mother would have designed it. Whether she would've loved such a big house or a smaller one.

Right in front of them stood a grant piano, the one he and Asher used to play at all the time when they were younger. But both of them stopped, Asher because he wasn't interested and Lucas to spite his father.

Next to the piano stood a lamp and an armchair under the staircase with the glass banister on their left. The second floor had interior balconies on both sides, giving access to the guest bedrooms, and his father's office. On their right was a door leading to the living room and if they went to the back there would be the kitchen and dining room.

"Where do you wanna start?" she asked.
"Living room," he answered after thinking for a second. Lucas took her hand and pulled her towards the doors. He entered before her into the big room.

Sunlight shone inside through the window wall opposite the door. In the middle of the room were two black sofas, one of them for two people, the other for more. A small round table between them and another round coffee table in front of them. It was all placed on a big grey carpet, a floor lamp standing behind the bigger sofa and leaning over it to the coffee table.

There was a little lounge at the back of the room. The place was a little elevated and held two armchairs standing opposite to each other, a sofa, and a oval shaped coffee table in the middle. On the one end was a cupboard filled with alcohol. The lounge was given a little privacy through the walls on both sides, separating it from the main living room, and creating a smaller entrance to it.

On the left wall was an opening, the hall led to the dining room while the staircase on the other end of the left wall led upstairs. On the marble designed wall hung a big full ultra HD TV, presenting the luxury they had. His stepmother's touch was the simple decor, the plant standing by the window wall, and the flowers on the tables.

He felt a pull on his hand and turned to Luna. She had stopped in her tracks and looked at him with her head tilted and an eyebrow raised. Her eyes said they couldn't believe what she saw.
Lucas grinned and took the step back to her, wrapping his arms around her.

"You gonna date me only for my money now."
"Shut up." She hit his chest with her little fist, making him laugh out.
"What can I do when you're so cute." He kissed her forehead and then let go off her. Luna followed him to the lounge, where he went straight for the cupboard.

"The most important documents will probably be in his office. As kids we were never allowed in there," Lucas told her as he knelt down and took out a box filled with papers and files. "But he used to put some some here too." He got up and turned to her, opening the box.