Chapter 49

Luna

Emma threw a look over the table to Luna that said everything.
Their friends weren't helping, but how were the two girls supposed to tell them to just leave it to them and go.

Emma and Luna had met at the ARIA to start working on the legend. When they arrived there, they found their friends too, who wanted to help. Which seemed to be a good idea in the beginning. Then, they had to realize that they would be so much faster without them.

Wyatt, Reyna and Natalie asked them almost every two minutes whether the legend they were reading could fit, meaning Emma and Luna had to stop with the legend in their hands and discuss their friends'.

If their friends wouln't be here, they would make that decision quickly for themselves and only discuss a few with the other.
It stood in total contrast to the last time they were trying to find a legend and its meaning. The hours spend with Lucas were filled with calmness and gentleness. A sense of warmth and security had been there.

Now, she felt a little overwhelmed, almost entirely annoyed by the amounts of questions, and it was all so loud. There was a storm inside her too, and she couldn't tell why and how to get rid off it.

Suddenly, a wish for a reassuring hug overcome here, she wanted Lucas to come save her, but he had left them to it and went training with Caleb and Nicholas. Looking over the piles and piles of files and documents, she would prefer to get her ass kicked by a seven year old than doing this. A decision Charlie and Nicholas made earlier too as they fled the meeting room.

"I've got a legend about a grail," Wyatt offered. He sat next to Emma and looked between the two girls. Emma quickly read over it and shook her head.
"That's about the holy grail, baby."

Luna leaned over to Reyna and hugged her, placing her head on the vampire's shoulder. Reyna hugged her back, sensing that something was wrong and giving her a questioning look. Her response was a little shake of her head.

"Can we go over what we already know again?" she asked as she straightened and pulled the original legend closer to her. Her eyes read every single word, trying to figure out their meaning. It was only another analysis of a text, it couldn't be too hard. All she had to do was find the references.

"Yeah, let's do that," Emma agreed, turning her phone on, where she had a picture of the legend. "The first lines are clearly about Caleb and Kane's history."
"The lines after that tell us about a powerful weapon. The first two lines after it, tell us where and until the line 'behind nights, growth, knights, eternity, life and loss' how we get it," Luna went on.

"Then, it's about the nature of the weapon which is pretty clear."
"For the ones with an average IQ, we're talking about a powerful weapon, nothing more, right?" Reyna assured, receiving a nod from Emma and Luna.

"But we have no hint at what kind of weapon it could be," Wyatt assured too.
"We probably do, we just don't see it, yet."
"Since we're supposed to find this and we're the good ones, the weapon is probably from some hero," Natalie suggested.
"I think so, but there are thousands of hero stories," Emma stated.

"I'm actually not sure," Luna objected, "The legend speaks of healing and extinguishing, of war and peace. These are total opposites. Plus, a weapon is an object, making it neutral. It's always the people that define whether it's good or bad. For example, a gun can be used to kill a monster and save thousands of lives, it's good. But the moment it's used to kill other people it's bad."

"But the legend says that we're the ones who'll find and use it," Wyatt declared.
"No, it says 'made for the one whose intentions were pure', meaning that Caleb should use it to save our world, but Kane could use it too." Emma loved him with all her heart, but she was annoyed to answer questions that were so obvious to Luna and her.