Chapter 14

Lucas

"Are you okay?"
Lucas leaned over and gave his girlfriend a kiss on the cheek. He was grateful for having her, he was grateful Wyatt called her, and he was even more grateful that she even looked for him.
To Lucas it meant a lot. It meant she cared about him and what happened to him.

"I'm fine, love. Let's go inside and then you can show me another Christmas movie." Luna had driven his car back, saying he was to shaken and she was right. On the way, she had suggested that they could watch a movie and cuddle to get his mind off. Luna had forbidden him to work tonight and told him he had to focus solely on her.
Lucas had no issue with that.

"We don't have to. You can choose whatever you like," she told him while they got out of the car. She waited for him and he watched her as she rubbed her hands together in order to keep herself warm. Luna had been doing that during the drive too.

Lucas put his hand on her forehead, instantly meeting coldness. Icy coldness, though they had been in the car with the heater on. He engulfed her hands in his big ones. They were cold, he had expected them to be at least a little warm.

"Why are you freezing this much?" he asked and took of his coat. He threw it over her shoulders and pulled her closer to him.
"My jacket's not that warm. I thought, I'm only going boxing, but I've been looking for you everywhere," she explained. He felt her smile on his chest as his warmth embraced her.
"Let's get you inside." They quickly walked over to his apartment and he opened the front door, leading her inside.

They made it to take their shoes off and go a few steps before Wyatt and Emma came into their view. "You didn't say Emma would come back with you," Lucas spoke as he stepped behind Luna and put his hands on her shoulder.

The two looked at each other and then smiled sheepishly.
"Things didn't work out as planned and I kind of said I'm leaving," Emma explained. Luna and Lucas looked at them with wide eyes.
"I'm sorry, you have to elaborate on that," Luna requested and Lucas nodded.

"They didn't like me and Emma didn't like the way they talked to me, so she stepped in, bitched at them, and said she would no longer live with them if they behaved like that," Wyatt explained a little more. "You gave them a piece of your mind. I'm actually proud of you for standing up for what you want." He kissed her head and hugged her from behind.

Emma smiled up at him and when she turned her gaze back on Luna and Lucas, she tilted her head. "What is it?"
"I saw that happen," Luna told them. "When I touched Wyatt, I saw something happening in the future. You stood up for him when he met your parents."
"You suspected it to happen," Emma realized, Luna nodded.

"I wasn't sure. I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure it would happen and I didn't want to prevent it. Wyatt's right, you did the right thing."
"Thank you." Emma looked up at Lucas. "I hope it's okay if I stay here for a while. I don't exactly know where to go."
"Of course. You can sleep in Wyatt's room, or take one of the guest room's. Whatever you prefer," Lucas offered.

"So, how did your date go?" Wyatt asked. Now, it was on them to look at each other.
"Great," Luna lied. "We had a lot of fun and want to watch a movie now."
"You want the living room?" Wyatt asked.
Lucas shook his head. "We're going to my room." He took Luna's hand and slightly pulled her towards the stairs.

"Have fun."
They went upstairs and Lucas was quick to give Luna his warmest clothes and wrap her in his blanket. He stripped of his clothes, put on a pair of sweats and joined Luna. Wrapping one arm around her, he looked for a movie. It was too late for one, it was past one a.m. and they had school tomorrow, but he was too awake to go to bed now.

...

"What would you have done if I wasn't there?" Lucas asked once the credits were played.
Luna closed the laptop and put it on his nightstand. "If you hadn't been at the church, I wanted to drive to New York and then to Keene. I had no idea where exactly, but I would've figured that out on the way," she answered him. He was shocked to hear that.