Chapter 55

Lucas

Lucas woke up first the next morning.
His mind was still waking up, his eyes still closed. He felt a small weight on his upper arm, felt his other arm wrapped around a warm body.

He yawned and slowly opened his eyes to be met with Luna's sleeping form. Her head was on his arm, eyes softly closed, lips slightly parted. She looked adorable. A smile slid onto his lips and he leaned down kissing her forehead. She kept sleeping.

He started to remember last night's events. After his breakdown at the ARIA, Luna had driven him home to his apartment and stayed with him. At the back of his mind he thought to remember Asher and Wyatt appearing and being worried about his state.

Luna and Lucas had gone up to his room and cuddled in his bed. The same way they were laying right now. Facing each other, her hands on his chest, his arms wrapped around her. He could not tell how long it took him to fall asleep, but he was sure Luna had been still awake then. They had spoken some more and she had calmed him down, talked everything down he had set in his head last night.

He felt better now, more confident again.
Maybe it was the heat of the moment yesterday, it had gotten to much for him and he had broken down, but now that he was calmer he saw clearer.
Maybe it was Luna, who had spent hours comforting and reassuring him. Her words were in his head, he could see it and he could live with it.

She was right. His father was a bastard, but Lucas wasn't going to let him have an effect on him. He wasn't going to let this affect him. He was worth something, he had every right to be alive and to be loved. He was going to be okay.

At least, he would try.
It might take a couple days until he could fully believe it though.

He yawned and stretched out his arms without waking her up. That's when he saw the time on their phones that lay on the nightstand behind Luna. Seven a.m. It was still early, to early to wake up after a night like that.

Lucas stroked her back, let his hand wander under her shirt on the way back up. Her skin was cold against his. She was only wearing a T-Shirt and her hair was in a ponytail. One of the ways she wore her hair for work.

That's where she had been at when he had the meltdown and apparently she had left everything standing and came immediately. She hadn't taken the time to grab her jacket and now her skin was slightly cold from the temperatures outside and the not too warm temperature in the room.

Lucas pulled up the blanket all the way to her shoulders, drawing her closer to his warm body and tugging her in. They hadn't bothered to change their clothes or take anything off, so he was still clothed in the Jeans and black T-Shirt he wore yesterday. They were uncomfortable, but he didn't want to risk waking Luna by taking them off.

She was wearing her Jeans and T-shirt too, but that wasn't the reason why she suddenly moved. Her eyes closed harder and she turned onto her back, moved her head from side to side. Her hand gripped his T-shirt tight as she whimpered.
"No," the word was barely a whisper.

"Shhh, it's alright. I'm here." He cupped her cheek to hold her head in place and kissed her forehead. "It's just a bad dream, it can't hurt you." He pulled her back to him and placed his head above hers. It took a couple more words until she calmed down and kept sleeping.

Lucas didn't want to wake her, she seemed so tired and who knew when she fell asleep.
He enjoyed her presence, felt drowsy again and closed his eyes, slowly falling back asleep
There was no rush to get up.
He wanted to stay here forever. In his bed with Luna, where it was safe.

Luna

"Like who needs to know that anyways?" Reyna complained in a whisper tone while following Luna through the rows of books. They were in the university library since Luna needed to work on her paper and was looking for some books.