Chapter 43

Luna

To their right stood Malcolm and her parents. The people that raised her, the people she thought she knew, the people she felt for. The look in their eyes told her to listen to what Malcolm was saying, to not fight back. She would fight, not only because she had the legend in her bag and had to prevent them from getting it.

"I give you my word that the girl will leave unharmed if you come with us willingly," Malcolm offered. In the corner of her eye, Luna could see Emma move her fingers. Two knives appeared, one in Emma's hand, one in her own. The handle was cool against her skin.
"Ain't happening," Emma declared with a firm voice.

"Sweetheart, please listen and come with us," her mother spoke.
"We are your parents, Luna, we love you. We would never let anything happen to you, so I'm begging you, come with us," her father added, stretching out his arm for her to take and come with him.

"Luna?" Emma looked over her shoulder, raising an eyebrow and asking how they would start this fight. She turned her hand, showing Emma her palm. A white coat of magic shimmered above it, was most intense in the creases.
Emma nodded, took a step closer to her.

"Don't-" Malcolm began, but the girls already acted. Luna brought both hands together, a blinding light went out from her.
They could not see through it, turned their heads to look outwards and find sight there. But the light consumed them, let no one see the other.
That was except for Luna. Her magic navigated her through it.

Her and Emma, who found the fairy and touched her shoulder, taking the ability to see from her friend. The girls attacked before the light could disappear. Their convergence, a stream of violet and white magic, went for Malcolm and her parents, who were thrown through the air and hit the ground.

The blinding light disappeared, the woman and the two men had them fixed with their eyes. The werewolves shot forward, claws out to grab and pin them down.
"Don't just watch. Get them!" Malcolm's voice boomed in the background.

The girls having trained with Lucas and Wyatt could stand up to the two men, blocking their attacks and striking back with the knives. They couldn't tell how much time passed in which they alternated between the men, the woman, and the magic that flew around and from them. At some point, their bags had fallen to the ground as well.

Seeing the hook from her right side, she blocked and brought the other arm with the knife forward, attempting to stab him in the shoulder. He blocked and she responded with a kick into his rib cage, causing him to stumble back. Moving her focus from him to the woman, who tried to grab her, she stepped aside and ducked under her kick, pulling her leg. She landed with a thud in the grass.

Luna turned back to the werewolf, barely escaping from him. He slithered a few steps away from her and before he could find his footing, she attacked him with her magic. It never hit him, instead it collided with an earth wall coming from and disappearing into nowhere. The source of the magic was only a couple feet away.

Her biological father had his arms still up when her eyes found him. As if he had felt it, he turned his head, letting his hands fall. His eyes found her, an apology lay in them.
She had no time to contemplate what it meant as the other man flew past her and landed on the ground, moaning in pain.

The woman was back on her feet, coming for Luna while the man she just fought went for Emma now. Going against her usual tactic, Luna attacked with the knife before the woman could. The shapeshifter leaned back when the knife came close to her upper body and grabbed Luna's arm with the knife, pulling to make her lose her balance, but she turned and kicked the blond with her left foot then with her right in the side, causing her to let go and stumble back.