Chapter 19

Lucas

About fifteen minutes later, Jackson, Nicholas, Emma, Luna, and Lucas were in one of the destroyed meeting rooms. People outside were trying to figure out how big the damage was and fix whatever they could. By tomorrow the place would look like new, magic was a blessing.

Lucas lay flat on the table with his shirt off and Luna standing to his right side, about to stitch up the cut on his lower abdomen. Although she was injured herself, she wouldn't let him take care of her until she was done with his wound.

Of course, he had argued with her, but given up when he saw that the cut wasn't too bad and no blood was flowing out of it anymore.

"Well, that was an eventful evening," Nicholas spoke first.
"One I would rather not repeat," Jackson added as he slumped into one of the chairs and closed his eyes for a moment. Lucas pushed himself up on his elbows to see the others, making Luna stop for a second and presuming to disinfect the wound once he stilled.

"I believe they won't try that again."
"They will look at your places," Nicholas stated and he was right. If they couldn't find Caleb here, then he had to be at one of their places.
"Our places are safe as long as we don't let them inside. I've tested the spells too, not even Kane could make it inside," Emma explained.

"We need to bring this to an end as soon as possible." Jackson sat up straight, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Nicholas, how is it looking?"
"Not to good. Everything is delaying because I can't reach the people. I will go to their places in the following weeks, but I can't promise you guys anything. Maybe it's time we'll proceed without knowing more about him."

"You should keep looking, I can give you a hand, but it could put us a step ahead. And since we can't locate them, we can only train and inform ourselves," Lucas argued.
"I need you to lay flat," Luna instructed him, he obliged. In the following second, he felt her soft little fingers on his hard chest, igniting a fire inside of him.

"Fine, I keep going. How did they slip through?" Nicholas wanted to know.
"That's something I'd love to know too," Jackson said. 

In the meantime, Luna had begun to sew Lucas' skin together. He felt the needle go in and out of his skin. It hurt, he wasn't going to lie, the painkillers hadn't kicked in yet.
Nonetheless, it was bearable as he concentrated on the conversation and Luna's soft touch.

"They're simply better than us and it's annoying me," Emma answered, falling back in her chair and biting her lip. Luna giggled a little and momentarily turned her gaze to Emma.
"You're really not used to losing."
Now it was on Emma to giggle. "Never. I'm among the strongest witches worldwide and I went to that stupid private school. I was expected to be the best and nothing less. At this point, I'm damn dangerous and so are you."

Luna stopped sewing the wound, she was halfway done, and furrowed her brows at her.
"What do you mean? I'm not that dangerous," Luna said and went back to sewing. That was something not only Lucas had to disagree with but also Jackson and Nicholas.
"You're intelligence level is high, like a lot. Also, I don't wanna scare you, but they are talking about you," Emma explained.
"Who?"

"The supernatural councils," Lucas answered this time. He saw the surprise in her eyes. Surprise and uneasiness. "Someone from the were council mentioned you during a meeting. We exchanged a few sentences, but I put everything down. They know that you're my girlfriend too." The last thing was an attempt of his father to stop Lucas' efforts to make changes in the were community.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
Did he ever mention that he hated it to upset her? No? Well, he hated it. "I'm an overprotective werewolf," he said, raising his head to look at her. Luna on the other side was focused on his wound. "I didn't want you to get hurt and you had so much going on, putting that on your mind seemed wrong."