Chapter 25

Lucas

"Do you think he already checked in?" Luna whispered, interlacing their fingers on his leg.
The two of them had gotten up early, even though they went to bed late, and sat in the reception area. Lucas had his laptop on the other leg, a tourist attraction website on, so that they could pretend they were looking for what to do today. Luna was resting her head on his shoulder, still a little tired from last night. They stayed up longer, cuddling and talking, placing sweet kisses on each other.

He turned his head and kissed her crown. "They told me he wanted to check in after eight a.m."
She looked at him questioning. "Pros of being an ARIA agent. I have a lot of rights." He winked, making her giggle. Then, she closed her eyes for just a second.
Lucas brushed back her hair and placed another kiss on her forehead.
"Was I too rough last night?" he asked. She opened her eyes again, her bluish-grey eyes looked tired, exhausted.

"No, I'm good." She kissed his cheek and squeezed his hand. "Just tired." She turned her head back to the reception, looking for Maverick Colton. It was already eleven a.m. and he still hasn't arrived.
"Tell me if you need something." Lucas said and directed his gaze towards the laptop, peaking over the top to the main entry.

It took another ten minutes before Lucas saw him walk through the entry with a little bag. He entered with another man. Different to Malcolm he was blond and had light eyes. The two were laughing as they came inside.

Lucas pulled a little on Luna's hand to get her attention.
"Hmm?" She looked at him and then followed his gaze to the men, who approached the reception now. They talked to the man behind the reception, told him they had booked rooms and cleared the formalities.

As the receptionist went to grab their keys, the two men turned around and let their eyes wander through the room, their gaze almost falling on them.
"Can we go to the colonial theatre? Please?" Luna looked at him with a pleading look, pointing at the laptop, where indeed the colonial theatre was mentioned as an attraction.
"Sure, my love." He kissed her forehead. They kept pretending to plan their day, even once the men looked away from them.

Since Luna couldn't hear them, she scrolled on the website and kept their disguise up.
Lucas, on the other side, leaned his head against hers, kept his eyes on the laptop and ears on the men.

"When's Raul coming?" the other man asked.
"Dunno, but I need to see someone. I'll meet you guys there tonight."
"You're boring," blondie complained. The receptionist gave them their keys and they left for their rooms.

"Wait for me," he told Luna and gave her the laptop before walking over to the reception. A few minutes later he returned.
"What did you ask him?" Luna questioned.
"The other men's name. I thought Maverick would come alone." He closed the laptop and put it in the bag.

"You think they know each other from back then?" He nodded and took her hand. "We'll wait in the car and you will find out who he is. Remember how he looks like?"
"Yeah." She let herself be pulled up and they walked hand in hand to the car. Their luggage already in.

"I also checked us out," Lucas informed.
"Good. Now tell me, who exactly am I looking for?"
"Maddox Brick." Lucas opened the door for her. Once she sat inside, he gave her the laptop, closed the door and went to sit in the driver's seat.

Luna had opened and unlocked his laptop by then.
"Why is your password 'crescent'?" Luna looked at him with a confused expression. He smiled, leaned over and kissed her.

"Because when I saw you in that bar for the very first time, that night we had a crescent moon."
Her eyes softened as she understood that she was the meaning of crescent. "I believe that faith gave me you. I'm werewolf and the moon is the biggest part of my life and of all the people in this world, I want you. A fairy named Luna, named moon. So faith or the goddess or whoever gave you to me and I'm not gonna let go."