Chapter 60

Lucas

"Why are you smiling?" Luna asked, without stopping to take care of him.
They had made their way to the ARIA and found themselves in a meeting room after grabbing some stuff from the infirmary for their wounds. Lucas had sent an agent to inform the others that they were here and an attack had taken place.

After a whole minute of arguing with Luna whose injuries would be seen to first, he won and checked her through. Luckily, the worst was a purple bruise from a fall. The other bruises weren't that bad and needed either to be only disinfected or a band aid. It taken him maybe five minutes.

Then, she had sat him down on one of the black chairs and started disinfecting all of his wounds. Nothing really hurt badly like it could be sprained or broken, it was also bruises, they just looked a little rougher. Luna had argued that little did no justice to how bad he looked. Apparently he was downplaying, and she exaggerating.

Luna was standing between his legs, focused on his neck, where she was taking care of the puncture wounds the werewolf gave him. They weren't too deep or hurt much, the healing process had already set in too, but droplets of blood still came out.

He glanced at her while his head was thrown back into his neck to give her better access.
The mesh of her dress had ripped at the top and right arm, her hair was windblown. His too, but he had raked his fingers through it a couple times since the fight.

"I like my nurse, she's really pretty," he answered to her question, his smiling grew bigger. Luna chuckled. "I like your dress too, I'll buy you the same one again."
Luna disinfected the last wound and grabbed the pads and gauze to start wrapping his neck. She finished quickly, making it thin, so it didn't bother him too much. It would come off tomorrow evening latest.

"Don't bother. Reyna's got it fixed in an hour max," she told him while she drenched a pad in the disinfection and then cleaned the wound on his jaw. It was red and the skin ripped, he knew by the way it burned. Her other hand was under his chin, holding his head in position.

The door opened, he turned his head to see who came in, Luna gently turned his head back to her. Jackson, Charlie, Nicholas, and Caleb came in taking a seat at the table.
"What exactly happened?" Jackson asked when Luna finished and cleaned up. She went to throw the stuff into the trash at the corner.

"We were on our way back from the party when Malcolm, Kane, and three of his men attacked us. We could handle it and they left," he told them. Luna came back and took a seat next to him, pulling up her leg on the chair.

"The four men?" Nicholas asked.
"No, totally different ones," Lucas answered. "I shot Malcolm. Went into his thigh and before the second bullet could hit him he disappeared." He came closer to the table with the chair and leaned back.

"He waited for you to shoot at him? Twice?" Charlie assured he had gotten that right.
Luna and Lucas looked at each other, their expressions said something was up. He actually still had questions, questions about how she knew it would work or how she did it. There were fairies with the power of manipulation, but Luna didn't have that power, she would've already told him.

"He was... agitated by the fact that Luna had convinced Kane to come back with us. He was focused on getting her away from Kane, so he didn't realize I had taken my gun out and shot him." Lucas had looked at Luna while answering, but as he turned back to the others he looked into faces of disbelief.

"I'm sorry, could we go to the part, where you said Luna convinced Kane to switch sides," Charlie spoke calmly, intertwining his hands on the table.
Lucas followed the action, leaning forward. "Had me shocked too. Don't ask me what happened, I can't explain. All I can say is that for a flicker of a moment... I saw trust in his eyes as Luna spoke."